• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Gear release 2021

IDK….they weigh (1.8lbs without the cinch strap) the exact same as 20” Hawks and you can pick up a 4 pack of Hawks for $110 with free shipping. I thought they would be lighter, but since they are same, I don’t know if there is a big advantage at twice the price of the Hawks. Thoughts?

If price per ounce is a buyer's top deciding factor then I agree. Customer service, quality and country of origin would also factor into my decision. Their MIL/LEO discounts are among the best as well.

Moultrie Delta Cell Cams hit the market last night. 100 bucks, comes with on board GPS for exacting revenge on thieves.

MSRP is 100 bucks, but ****s has the Verizon version for 80 with free shipping. Don't like to do business with them, but 80 bucks for the latest and greatest cell cam is stupid cheap.

Edit: Bass Pro/Cabelas has them for 80 bucks as well.

Last edited:
So I full disclosure I’m not buying these b/c I love my beast minis, bolts & dabbling with 1stick. But guys mention a lot about wanting a budget friendly stick with double steps. I don’t care for hawks in general b/c of quality control/ customer service issues & ive seen that single broken fold out steps a few times. But then again I’m 270lbs so I probably second guess a lot more stuff. I’m not saying hawks don’t have their place, but I’d spend the extra $100 if cost was a huge factor. If not these fit the bill or jump up to no hole beasts….. or give DanO more of your $. My 2 cents
I buy gear based off multiple factors, one being the looks. I’m not afraid to say it hawk gear just looks trashy to me not to mention their quality control issues. Lonewolf/novix are good solid clean looking sticks made is the USA. The double steps looks good too. I never felt I needed double steps but if I were to go this route these would be a solid choice.

The picture with the mission and four double step sticks really makes me want the whole setup. Looks like a nice and tight little package.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Moultrie Delta Cell Cams hit the market last night. 100 bucks, comes with on board GPS for exacting revenge on thieves.

MSRP is 100 bucks, but ****s has the Verizon version for 80 with free shipping. Don't like to do business with them, but 80 bucks for the latest and greatest cell cam is stupid cheap.

Edit: Bass Pro/Cabelas has them for 80 bucks as well.
My Achilles heel is the cell camera. You got me. For $79 a camera that will send 32mp pics and 15 second video clips to your phone?! Uh yes please. Thx for the heads up.

IDK….they weigh (1.8lbs without the cinch strap) the exact same as 20” Hawks and you can pick up a 4 pack of Hawks for $110 with free shipping. I thought they would be lighter, but since they are same, I don’t know if there is a big advantage at twice the price of the Hawks. Thoughts?

If I remember right, I believe Hawk has the 20” sticks listed as 2.4lbs each, not 1.8.

I think they hinted at a 1.8# stick at the ATA show when the sticks were in development, but they failed to execute that by a fairly sizable margin (0.6 lbs per stick).

If I remember right, I believe Hawk has the 20” sticks listed as 2.4lbs each, not 1.8.

I think they hinted at a 1.8# stick at the ATA show when the sticks were in development, but they failed to execute that by a fairly sizable margin (0.6 lbs per stick).
You right. Some sites list them as 1.8lbs. Hawk site now lists them as 2.5lbs, so there is a difference.

The picture with the mission and four double step sticks really makes me want the whole setup. Looks like a nice and tight little package.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
My exact set up for this year...I ordered the mission and the Novix mini double steps the other day, with MIL discount it was 340ish shipped. Im not mad about that.

Any word on anything new from Cruzr? I’m about to pull the trigger on an Archon while they’re on sale and don’t want to buy something that’s about to be upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on anything new from Cruzr? I’m about to pull the trigger on an Archon while they’re on sale and don’t want to buy something that’s about to be upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Archon just came out so I doubt they will release another two piece soon. But that’s just me looking at how companies do releases for new gear.

Does anyone have a phone number for Catalyst ? I would like to purchase the ION without the aider. I already own a backwoods aider.

Back