• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Idea for rope storage

kyler1945

SH Member
I'm probably not the first or only. Just wanted to toss this out there for folks who might have looked at the saddle tramp stamps (dump pouches) and thought the same thing I did...

ABE635DE-67B6-427F-9389-10622524B6D5.jpeg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm probably not the first or only. Just wanted to toss this out there for folks who might have looked at the saddle tramp stamps (dump pouches) and thought the same thing I did...

View attachment 48354

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Good video man. So all that rope doesn’t get caught up on vines, briars or thickets? Or are you on private with clear walking trails? I ask because I was daisy chaining my tether for the the first little while that I hunted but I would snag on the vines with thorns and the palmettos would sometimes catch it. I got tired of picking thorns out of my tether or seeing snags in the rope from palmettos so then I went to a Fanny pack lol eventually I went to dump pouches. I kind of like em. But it’s great seeing videos with ideas for guys who might want to try it! Keep up the good work

Yep... we all watched right up until the end. Then Kyle shook his butt and turned the camera off. :oops:

Well played sir. You got every single one of us! :tearsofjoy:

Good video man. So all that rope doesn’t get caught up on vines, briars or thickets? Or are you on private with clear walking trails? I ask because I was daisy chaining my tether for the the first little while that I hunted but I would snag on the vines with thorns and the palmettos would sometimes catch it. I got tired of picking thorns out of my tether or seeing snags in the rope from palmettos so then I went to a Fanny pack lol eventually I went to dump pouches. I kind of like em. But it’s great seeing videos with ideas for guys who might want to try it! Keep up the good work

As I said, when I'm using that setup, I typically don't wear the saddle. So it makes very little sense to me to put things in packs...in a pack.

But I agree, if you're busting through anything with thorns, it's probably not a good idea to have ropes, or your saddle for that matter, exposed. Minus that specific issue, I wouldn't hesitate to walk through pretty much anything else. If I have a good chance of going through thicket, which is normal for me, everything is in a pack behind me.

I wear my stuff from the truck majority of the time. I used to carry my linesman belt like the way u have it and I'd get hung up in stuff. I also don't carry a pack so my pouches are all the storage I have. Different strokes for different folks

I wear my stuff from the truck majority of the time. I used to carry my linesman belt like the way u have it and I'd get hung up in stuff. I also don't carry a pack so my pouches are all the storage I have. Different strokes for different folks

I'll admit, most times I'm using a soft saddles it's in a pack. But I walk through all the same gulf coast nonsense you do, for longer distances than most folks here, with both my tether and lineman's daisy chained at each side of the hybrid, not even bound behind me. At this point several hundred miles. And I can't recall a situation they've caught on stuff to the point it caused me to ever notice. Now, I'm also an ox in the brush. So my lack of finesse may be the reason for the difference.

I'll admit, most times I'm using a soft saddles it's in a pack. But I walk through all the same gulf coast nonsense you do, for longer distances than most folks here, with both my tether and lineman's daisy chained at each side of the hybrid, not even bound behind me. At this point several hundred miles. And I can't recall a situation they've caught on stuff to the point it caused me to ever notice. Now, I'm also an ox in the brush. So my lack of finesse may be the reason for the difference.
Aren't u like 10ft tall also?

Is that a size .5 Kestrel???

Hahah, you made me waste a sip of whiskey...

This is why I have a beef with sizing saddles by waist size. The measurement around your hips/butt, and size of thighs for leg loops, are what really matters. For a sneech, the normal way of sizing doesn't help a whole lot.

And u wonder why ur not getting hung up on stuff....hahaha

I'm usually bending over, crawling, ducking, and the height doesn't mean much when you're walking through cutover and thicket 10' tall with no trail...but...

Perspective is a funny thing.

For me, it would seem that spiders like to build their webs at just above the height of the average hunter...When in reality, those are just the ones left over, waiting to introduce themselves to me. Riding or walking, my head and bugs are a match made in heaven.

It's a fair tradeoff though, elevators smell way better to me than most folk...

Facts. I’ve walked into so many banana spider webs in my life it isn’t even funny

Back