• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wife commenting on stuff...

I utilize the “babe I just sold X So I’m going to buy x” approach. 20+ saddles and various other hunting gear bought and resold this way so it’s worked well for me.

My wife Is a saver and a penny pincher so even if buy and resell she thinks I spend too much money. She’s doing better at getting over it lately.

I'm a shame to say I use my kids as reason why I have multiple of the same stuff. "But honey if the kids get interested, I need multiple sets!"

I'm a shame to say I use my kids as reason why I have multiple of the same stuff. "But honey if the kids get interested, I need multiple sets!"

Isn’t using kids as an excuse to act like one, one of the main benefits of having them?

judging by my wife inquiries, and now questions on kids, probably not. But I gotta ask.

A legit question I’ve been running through my head…have any of you created a LLC to run your hunting purchases through?

If you create a YT channel…maybe a blog/vlog….how much do you need to do to be able to write off your hunting gear or trips???

If everything was tax deductible our wives couldn’t give us too much crap, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A legit question I’ve been running through my head…have any of you created a LLC to run your hunting purchases through?

If you create a YT channel…maybe a blog/vlog….how much do you need to do to be able to write off your hunting gear or trips???

If everything was tax deductible our wives couldn’t give us too much crap, right?

If your wife is giving you that much crap you either need to have a sit down talk with her or she has a legitimate reason. A tax right off for hunting gear, now thats gold haha.

I’m 100% serious though. I’m going to chat with my tax advisor about it.

The best thing about covid is the amount of online shopping my wife switched too. Set up lots of recurring order stuff for the her, the dog, the house and me. Every day when another bow shows up I chime in with "your daily amazon delivery is here". She tries to argue it is not all her stuff and I just point to the label with her name on it. Dang get evens are fun sometimes.

Here is another that I shared in my saddle build thread in case anyone missed it. My wife started off by asking if I was going to sell the saddle I was building. I told her that I wouldn't sell the stuff I made. First she said, "why not, you've sold every other saddle you've ever owned." Then she said, "well if you're not comfortable selling it, then I don't think I am going to be comfortable with you using it." I replied, "you know I am an engineer right?" She said, "yea, but you're not a sewing engineer."
An engineer in this life or a previous one? Inquiring minds would like to know lol

No wife. But the last live in girlfriend when I was doing one of my hybrid videos and she walked in...

“you’re so f*cking weird.”

She wasn’t wrong. I responded with “I’m weird, but think about the hundreds of people will spend five minutes of their finite time on earth WATCHING it. How weird do I seem now.”

she just walked out.

Girl I was seeing until recently - “why can’t you just shoot a deer from the ground.” - well said lady - I tell people that all the time. And it’s taken to heart haha
How did the one until recently feel about @Red Beard posting pictures of your butt on the internet :sweatsmile:

This may be the only area where I tried more options (girlfriends/dates) than I have saddle designs/climbing methods before finding the right fit. Just like saddle setups, everyone wants something different. :tearsofjoy:
My wife goes on almost every hunt with me just like my saddle… the only difference is my mesh saddle is quiet….

I utilize the “babe I just sold X So I’m going to buy x” approach. 20+ saddles and various other hunting gear bought and resold this way so it’s worked well for me.

My wife Is a saver and a penny pincher so even if buy and resell she thinks I spend too much money. She’s doing better at getting over it lately.
I’m convinced my wife owns stock in Amazon, she’s convinced I own stock in Jontay and EWO… it’s a race to go broke and I can’t tell who is winning lol

I'm convinced at some point in marriage both will be happier because you both will outgrown compromises and both just do whatever the hell you want because:
you realized you are stuck with each other
you love each other too much (I'm 100% confident my wife would kill me before she let me leave her)
breaking in a replacement is too troublesome
neither of you are going to change anymore after a certain point.
You survived the 7 years itch or 7 kids together (looking at you @Red Beard)

Its the romantic in me talking here.

Back