• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Our Own Public Land Challenge!!!

Patriot

Fellas I had an epiphany! I’m sure you already figured out what it is lol.

the THP Public Land Challenge is like my super bowl, it’s literally the greatest television I’ve ever seen except for season 1-3 of Homeland or every episode of MacGuyver but I digress.

I finally got a truck cap and me and @solopublicland and @TreeCreep are thinking about doing a quick long weekend hunt in some local out of state public like Mass or NY or even our home state of NH.

And then it occurred to me we should just do our own Public Land Challenge / SH meetup! Anyone interested?

I want to emphasize that ya when we watch the PLC we are often rooting for our guy like Zach, Infalt or Joe or whatever to get it done on the biggest Buck but I’m not emphasizing the “challenge” part, this is about good vibes, not a competition, just good dudes camping, hunting, talking gear and learning from each other doing what we love most.

anyone from New England interested? Wouldn’t be surprised if this happens everywhere soon. Public Land Challenge looks like a ton of fun!

Polk now, headed to Lewis. Oct will be when I’m out processing and getting my house and family ready for the move or I would. Gonna miss PA archery this year too.

Fellas I had an epiphany! I’m sure you already figured out what it is lol.

the THP Public Land Challenge is like my super bowl, it’s literally the greatest television I’ve ever seen except for season 1-3 of Homeland or every episode of MacGuyver but I digress.

I finally got a truck cap and me and @solopublicland and @TreeCreep are thinking about doing a quick long weekend hunt in some local out of state public like Mass or NY or even our home state of NH.

And then it occurred to me we should just do our own Public Land Challenge / SH meetup! Anyone interested?

I want to emphasize that ya when we watch the PLC we are often rooting for our guy like Zach, Infalt or Joe or whatever to get it done on the biggest Buck but I’m not emphasizing the “challenge” part, this is about good vibes, not a competition, just good dudes camping, hunting, talking gear and learning from each other doing what we love most.

anyone from New England interested? Wouldn’t be surprised if this happens everywhere soon. Public Land Challenge looks like a ton of fun!
Season 3 of Homeland sucked lol

I'm heading out on a solo, DIY, public land, archery challenge. Looking forward to it.

Wish it was a little further south. I am in VA, and as a throw back this year I plan to spend about 50% of my time on public. I have been fortunate, and private is all I have really hunted since 2015. I actually will be hunting the first piece of public I ever hunted in Virginia in 2006...and I haven't stepped foot on it since 2008.

Brett maybe if I get wife squared up I might be up for it

that would be awesome. Also dude if we do mass or NH you could hunt with us all day, hang and shoot the Pooh afterwards and then head out that night so your still home that night it will just be late that’s all.

I could probably rope him into it! We have a few trips planned this fall so hopefully it’s not during one of those trips

There's a good chance I'm fairly mobile this fall, and will be sniffin' new dirt to hunt. I might be available to shoot a bigger deer than you guys! (What good is a challenge without @Pooh talk?)

I hunt lots of public in NH and plan to try MA this year. I'd be interested in connecting with some fellow saddle hunters.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

There's a good chance I'm fairly mobile this fall, and will be sniffin' new dirt to hunt. I might be available to shoot a bigger deer than you guys! (What good is a challenge without @Pooh talk?)

Hahah. What state is good for your Kyler? Thinking west NH or Mass but open to whatever location in New England that gets the best turnout.

Back