• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mitch Rompola

aarbour01

I made an account on here to comment on the Mitch rompala buck but the replies are locked. I just wanted to add that if there is anyone looking for more information on the subject there is a great running podcast discussing everything. The podcast is called “Deer Hunter” and episode #200 is the first of “The Rompala Buck” series. Mike Avery is the first guest and he has some great personal stories about Mitch and the big monsters he’s taken. I have no association with this podcast I’m just a northern Michigan whitetail hunter extremely intrigued by the whole story and this was the best information I could find. I wish everyone some great luck this year in the woods!!

I made an account on here to comment on the Mitch rompala buck but the replies are locked. I just wanted to add that if there is anyone looking for more information on the subject there is a great running podcast discussing everything. The podcast is called “Deer Hunter” and episode #200 is the first of “The Rompala Buck” series. Mike Avery is the first guest and he has some great personal stories about Mitch and the big monsters he’s taken. I have no association with this podcast I’m just a northern Michigan whitetail hunter extremely intrigued by the whole story and this was the best information I could find. I wish everyone some great luck this year in the woods!!
well welcome either way, since your here now, you might as well get into saddle hunting ;)

I’ve been interested in getting that book. Did you gain any useful insights or new strategies from reading it?

Only, keep your WRs to yourself. :)

I remember reading about how he worked scrape lines all year, like a trapper. Intriguing stuff to say the least. I could never muster the time afield any of these "super-hunters" manage. Not by personal will, but other priorities just won't allow it. I have open ears to anyone who spends major time afield...with the understanding...that they're hunters.

Only, keep your WRs to yourself. :)

I remember reading about how he worked scrape lines all year, like a trapper. Intriguing stuff to say the least. I could never muster the time afield any of these "super-hunters" manage. Not by personal will, but other priorities just won't allow it. I have open ears to anyone who spends major time afield...with the understanding...that they're hunters.
Hilarious lol

I listened to all those podcasts, 3 so far, the first 2 were same old stuff nothing new really, the third one was really interesting with Troy Pottenger, who has all my respect as a hunter, definitely listen to that episode, I’m patiently waiting for a new one.

I listened to all those podcasts, 3 so far, the first 2 were same old stuff nothing new really, the third one was really interesting with Troy Pottenger, who has all my respect as a hunter, definitely listen to that episode, I’m patiently waiting for a new one.

#207?

Maybe likes to spend his money on other things???
So the only reason I haven’t made the switch to a saddle is I hunt with my crossbow more than my compound bow. I find it easier to shoot sitting in a traditional stand with my crossbow. I will admit I’ve never tried it. I don’t know how well received crossbows are on this site. Do people often use crossbows with tree saddles??

So the only reason I haven’t made the switch to a saddle is I hunt with my crossbow more than my compound bow. I find it easier to shoot sitting in a traditional stand with my crossbow. I will admit I’ve never tried it. I don’t know how well received crossbows are on this site. Do people often use crossbows with tree saddles??

There's a whole section dedicated to them (link below). And much ado about Hickory Creek. I think they sell cool aid.

I would never use a crossbow(call me prejudice but you might as well use a shotgun/rifle) but if that's your thing then go for it. I think if you tried out a saddle you might never go back.

Agreed the first two were good. It’s nice to hear from mike Avery talk about his experiences with Mitch. But the third episode is the most interesting in my opinion. Troy had a really cool relationship with Mitch and You get some new information. And if this whole podcast is well received there is a chance that Mitch himself will be on one of the episodes. It’s been stated multiple times during the podcast. The fact that they are in contact with someone who actually knows Mitch makes this that much more interesting to me. Can’t wait for episode 4!

Like every where, you find people who want to degrade you for how you hunt. But this site is pretty good about keeping it polite.
It can be done with an Xbow. Plenty of guys do. Just different challenges. There are plenty of us around in Michigan. So if you want to try one just to see what it's about ask around. Where in Michigan are you?

Back