• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hiking Boots

Anobody

SH Member
in the market for new hiking boots give me opinions and reviews. Game for any and all

Size 14…..

They’re not your super light boot, but they are really comfortable, have excellent traction and last a long time. They feel like socks with soles.

I’ve also worn Merrill Moabs and like them, but after a while they tend to turn up like elf shoes and I despise that.

I have Salomon 4d gtx and scarpa zg lite. I personally prefer the scarpa boots. I have friends who are really big on la sportiva and salewa. Go to to YouTube and watch the boot review on timber ninja outdoors. Jason is a very good resource for mountaineering and hiking. He used to endurance race. Very knowledgeable and provides simple no frills explanation

I have Salomon 4d gtx and scarpa zg lite. I personally prefer the scarpa boots. I have friends who are really big on la sportiva and salewa. Go to to YouTube and watch the boot review on timber ninja outdoors. Jason is a very good resource for mountaineering and hiking. He used to endurance race. Very knowledgeable and provides simple no frills explanation
I have the Solomon’s in my cart…. I really like them how has the water proofing been

I have not had any leakage with mine. I just found better boots. Salewa mtn trainer would be a good option.

Obos, I won’t buy another hiking boot until they stop making this one. I’ve but many of a miles on these boots. I would highly recommend them.

I’m going to be the random guy and say check out the Meindl comfort fit hiker or comfort fit hunter.

I have a size 14W and Meindl makes a wide toe box compared to most manufacturers. Made in Germany, the quality is top notch but so is the price point.

I also love the Keen Targhee line as they make a wide as well. Maybe you can get both a early season set and the insulated Meindl for the rest of the year.

Always ask yourself how many miles are you walking and in what terrain versus X amount of dollars spent. Are you in Arizona and Colorado trekking for days or just car to trail to tree most days.

I buy Merrell's from Kohl's for like $30. Don't wear them hunting much but I wear them daily for work. With a little glue here and there I can usually get a year out of them.

Awesome guys! keep it coming. I’m a walker .I scout way more than I hunt. Ag/hills/ and thick brush.

Don't buy anything until you at least try on some Danner pronghorns. They are the most comfortable footwear of any kind that I've ever worn

I guess I should add that I bought a half size too big and I put some felt sole liners in them for the cold. I'm sure that adds to the comfort.

I bought Lowa Renegades at the recommendation of a bunch of folks on here. I dislike their stock insole, but love everything else about them. At my local REI where I got them, they’re the staff’s top recommended boot. Never worn a wide shoe in my life, but had to for these since the toe box in the regular was a touch narrow for my foot. Definitely check em out.

I only wear two "boots" every day, Danner and Keen. My work boots are Danner, can get 2+ years out of them before wearing the tread slick and have never had a failure in them. My other "boots" are Keen and wear them year-round with shorts and pants and will put up with hot weather, cold weather, wet weather and snow/slush weather.

In short, if you're looking for the classic definition of a boot, go with Danner. If you're looking for a boot that wears like tennis shoes, go with Keen.

I have the Solomon’s in my cart…. I really like them how has the water proofing been
Another vote for the Salomon 4d gtx, they’ve been my go to for 2 1/2 years now a lot of miles no leaks to speak of & holding up well. Good amount of support for saddle…… @Zero One Actual im a 14-15 as well sometimes you just get what fits…

Lowa Renegades are hard to beat.
I’m also putting the miles on my Hoka Stinson GTX boots this off season.
So far they’ve been awesome. I’ve had them out in 10” of snow and also on 95 degree days and no complaints so far. Super soft and comfy just like the Hoka running shoes. The most miles I’ve put on em in a day is 14 and my feet felt great at the end of the day.
I use Hokas for my running, work(dentist) and also for hunting now. So I may be a little biased lol

So far they’ve been awesome. I’ve had them out in 10” of snow and also on 95 degree days and no complaints so far. Super soft and comfy just like the Hoka running shoes. The most miles I’ve put on em in a day is 14 and my feet felt great at the end of the day.
I use Hokas for my running, work(dentist) and also for hunting now. So I may be a little biased lol
best running shoes I've ever had. Bondi 7's changed the game for me

I guess you can say I'm a high end boot fanatic lol Screenshot_20210717-105423__01.jpgCrispis, Kenetrek, Schnees, Zamberlains...
I've used them all. Any hiker from any of those companies will be awesome. Could go stiffer and try the Kenetrek Hardscrabble, or lightweight and try the Crispi Wyoming

I don’t mean to derail this thread, but GOOD GLORY is that a tanker of a buck in your profile pick! :fearscream: Whereabouts (generally) did you hunt him down??

Back