• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Waist buckle on Cruzr XC

MA_PAdeerslayer

Ok so, I’m hunting from a Cruzr this fall and have been climbing and practicing but I found that when I have my saddle on when I’m bending at the waist my buckle is Unclipping itself. Now I’m no body building 2% body fat specimen but I’m also not a 300lb guy whose stomach is engulfing the buckle pushing on the clips to open…..is there a safe plastic old school clip buckle I can put on or does it need to be the cobra style buckle?? Just curious so I don’t have it keep coming unbuckled when I’m climbing and bending and have it on with my pants/bibs/coat..

thanks for reading and any help you have to offer!

Ok so, I’m hunting from a Cruzr this fall and have been climbing and practicing but I found that when I have my saddle on when I’m bending at the waist my buckle is Unclipping itself. Now I’m no body building 2% body fat specimen but I’m also not a 300lb guy whose stomach is engulfing the buckle pushing on the clips to open…..is there a safe plastic old school clip buckle I can put on or does it need to be the cobra style buckle?? Just curious so I don’t have it keep coming unbuckled when I’m climbing and bending and have it on with my pants/bibs/coat..

Does yours have the old style Chinese buckle or does it have the cobra buckle from Austrialpin? I ask because it matters. The cheap buckle can be released if one ear is pressed. The cobra buckle cannot. First thing I would do is hold the two sides of your belt, be sure you’ve clicked the buckle in fully. Then give each side the firmest pull against the buckle that you can. If it doesn’t hold on unclips, it is a faulty buckle. Notify the company immediately. If it is holding and If it is your waist and stomach causing the uncoupling, try this: Adjust the slider side until it is a couple inches from your left hip and pull the belt tight on your right. By having the buckle off to the side, you eliminate the chance of it pinching. You also won’t have to worry about the buckle hitting the buckle on your pant belt (if you’re one of the guys that wear one).

I would email/call Chad and talk with him. Do not replace that buckle with a plastic one, those things are not climbing rated.
The old xc had the steel “knock off” side release buckle which wasn’t climbing rated either. I am glad they went to the cobra buckle as it is the best of all side release buckles!

Does yours have the old style Chinese buckle or does it have the cobra buckle from Austrialpin? I ask because it matters. The cheap buckle can be released if one ear is pressed. The cobra buckle cannot. First thing I would do is hold the two sides of your belt, be sure you’ve clicked the buckle in fully. Then give each side the firmest pull against the buckle that you can. If it doesn’t hold on unclips, it is a faulty buckle. Notify the company immediately. If it is holding and If it is your waist and stomach causing the uncoupling, try this: Adjust the slider side until it is a couple inches from your left hip and pull the belt tight on your right. By having the buckle off to the side, you eliminate the chance of it pinching. You also won’t have to worry about the buckle hitting the buckle on your pant belt (if you’re one of the guys that wear one).

I’ll have to check this. It bought it used after a season but there was no mods done to it. I’ll check the clip and hopefully can figure something out.

Yeah you’ve got the China buckle. I have these on some belts and they embarrassingly unbuckle themselves at in opportune times and then people are wondering why I’ve unbuckled my pants in public! I’ve switched everything over to cobra (even all my regular pants belt buckles). Won’t happen any more.

So consensus I should contact Chad or just order a cobra buckle?
I have the same buckle on my cruzr and have never had that problem. But in your case, since you bought it used and it was once a normal part of the earlier saddles, I don’t see where there’s much Chad can do for you. You’re probably just gonna have to order a cobra style buckle and replace it yourself.

You bought that saddle from me. Call Chad @ CRUZR tomorrow, if he won't replace the buckle for free, PM me and I'll send you a 1-1/2" Raptor buckle.

You bought that saddle from me. Call Chad @ CRUZR tomorrow, if he won't replace the buckle for free, PM me and I'll send you a 1-1/2" Raptor buckle.

This is why this site is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So consensus I should contact Chad or just order a cobra buckle?
That’s definitely the Chinese buckle. Try adjusting it over to the side as far as it’ll allow you to, it’ll stop your stomach and waist from pinching it. If that doesn’t work definitely contact them so he can make it right

You’re a good man! I think Chad will send him one for free though as his excellent customer service is well known

Back