• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EZV TIPS PLEASE?

Would you have preferred backup irons? :)

RCO, not red dot. OK. So, add a bdc factor.

P&Y are typically taken at less than 30yds. Arrow drop compensation, it's for Ranch Fairies.

Stretch the range out, forget the boot, what does that shooter's reticle look like?
I don't follow what you're saying about stretching the range out. With the RCO or the EZV?

At the time I preferred the RCO for the added magnification but hated it for CQB. Best world for me is a red dot and a magnifier for when I need it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I don't follow what you're saying about stretching the range out. With the RCO or the EZV?

At the time I preferred the RCO for the added magnification but hated it for CQB. Best world for me is a red dot and a magnifier for when I need it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Beyond 500yds. The long range shooters, what's the reticle?

I suppose where I stand is:

For an up close shot, I want simplicity. A point/dot (pin) sight seems more intuitive than a measured V.

For shots at range I want accuracy. A multiple dot(pin) sight seems more accurate than a measured V....if I know the range.

The EZV offers no dot/pins. At close range the EZV covers more target than an RCO, to my eyes: v vs ^. As well, the EZV has an unmeasured lateral aim point which likely means more swag than a point (dot) of aim.

The value of the EZV seems to be a range compensation opportunity, which isn't necessarily a major priority for typical whitetail shots with reasonably flat shooting setups (at least where I hunt). This of course depends on setup.

But, sight pictures are very personal and I can see it's effectiveness if the shooter prefers it's properties and is very familiar shooting with it.

Thus, to OP, I reiterate, be intimately familiar with your sight.

Last edited:
88b877f2d0a333974064ab8f19554131.jpg

Results of 3rd day shooting ez v. These shots taken from random ranges. 20 to 35 yards and different angles pic of my backyard range

f549bdc36b1627f91aac6e39ac1c4f83.jpg

88b877f2d0a333974064ab8f19554131.jpg

Results of 3rd day shooting ez v. These shots taken from random ranges. 20 to 35 yards and different angles pic of my backyard range

f549bdc36b1627f91aac6e39ac1c4f83.jpg

Nice shooting.

Are you centering on the black line?

The EZV offers no dot/pins. At close range the EZV covers more target than....

Not really understanding what u saying here.....there are "dots/pins" on every ezv insert.
How does it cover more of the target if there is literally nothing in the way between ur eye and target? It does cover areas of the target u wouldn't shoot at anyway...

Not really understanding what u saying here.....there are "dots/pins" on every ezv insert.
How does it cover more of the target if there is literally nothing in the way between ur eye and target? It does cover areas of the target u wouldn't shoot at anyway...

Hash marks, with the shooter having to reference a point of aim along a horizontal axis in between them.

Take a random length of tape; try and pick the center, unaided. Repeat, over and over. Probably you can get close, but there will be some factor of error.

Mark a dot in the center, you can find the exact center each and every time.

As for covering the target, I just think it's a busy sight picture. It does cover less of the point of aim, maybe that's what you mean.

14F3E3C1-8892-4B90-9275-DE2B048453AC.jpeg2C902C98-01EF-4582-8468-627BDA9A9E62.jpeg

It's all perspective I guess.....
I missed animals more with a pin vs ezv. Everybody's different....lucky for us SH allows for relatively painless resale if it isn't ur thing. I still have a couple pin sights in the pile of archery stuff. If I ever change my mind about the ezv ive got a multi and slider to choose from to put back on. IMO..if ur gonna shoot heavy arrows (I do) a slider is probably the best bet if u like to shoot further than 25-30yds....a little time and a sharpie marker and u can mark the sight tape for ur heavy arrow trajectory. I like the ezv to hunt with because of my target panic issues and the fact my right to left misses have pretty much gone away...if I do miss it's up and down....I would much rather miss up or down vs left or right...I tend to miss low having a heavier setup, and that works more in my favor since the animal is usually dropping from the sound of the bow shot/arrow flying....

I think he’s getting what he wants in this thread.

There are some good tips.

I'm going to ask a question, the answers to which could benefit OP with the optic.

Should OP shoot both eyes open with the EZV from the onset?

I am cross eye dominant and do not shoot with both eyes open with the EZV. With multipins I was able to shoot both eyes open because I was able to pick out which sight in the duplicates was the real one and which was the phantom one. Since I was focusing on the pin this was easy to do and became second nature. Since I am focusing on the target with the EZV picking out the correct sight in my vision is much harder. This doesn’t bother me for now.

There are some good tips.

I'm going to ask a question, the answers to which could benefit OP with the optic.

Should OP shoot both eyes open with the EZV from the onset?
I try from time to time to shoot with both open, but sort better with my left closed or at least blurred. My eye dr used my glasses to blurr my left eye so my right eye is more dominant but i don't think it was enough. I think this its mostly personal. It's much easier for me to pick a spot with only one eye open.

Are you guys focusing on the target, or the sight with the EZV?

Back