• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need a good cheap camera.

Heydeerman

SH Member
Don’t care about cellular. Just want something that takes good pics that won’t drain the wallet. I have had Bushnell, Moultrie, and they both sucked. Need a little help.

Spy point trail cams work really good for me. I also bought there cell cam this year to try out, also takes good pictures and has a range like I've never seen. It's picking up deer at nearly 40 yds and your able to clearly make out what they are. Found it on sale for $90

I run primos proof cams, 2 or 3 model. They are dead simple to set up and take good pics and video. The failure points are fairly simple to repair if you have one die. I’ve been using the same ones for years.

I echo the Spy Point endorsement. The Force 10 if still available can be had for 90 or so, takes great daytime pics, ok night time pics. And has what I consider the most important quality, fast trigger speed. I have 3 of them. My only complaint is one of them won't hold the date, I reset it and the camera will grab a date it likes so pictures have incorrect dates on them.
I've only had 1 camera that has never had any issues, a Moultrie that is 13 years old and still works. I only dislike 1 thing about that one, slow trigger speed.

Been super happy with the campark cameras from amazon. You can pick up a no glo one for 45 bucks and they work great. I have a thread in this forum on them with sample pics. Been up for almost 3 months now and the 4 of them have 90-95% battery remaining.

I have used moultrie, lots of wild game innovation, and several cameras from Amazon and the 30$ Walmart tasco is just as good and maybe better in my opinion.

Don’t care about cellular. Just want something that takes good pics that won’t drain the wallet. I have had Bushnell, Moultrie, and they both sucked. Need a little help.
The make of the camera from Amazon is Meidase the model is the P20. My friend has two of them and the pictures and videos were really good so I bought one and they are really good cameras.

cabelas gen 2 or gen 3 trail cams take awesome pics. can be had for I think $69-$99. non cellular and the quality of picture and video is fantastic!

i have good luck with victure cams from amazon. Usually about $50, they take decent pics, and seem to last. I think i bought six and only one crapped out after a year, the rest are still going

Spypoints are hit and miss with quality, but you can't beat the price when you get a good one. I also have a12+ year old Moultrie that still works pretty good. The issue you will have is cheap and quality. The cheaper cameras all have issues of some sort. My concern with cheap cameras is missing pics and slow trigger speeds. I would rather have poor quality pics and never miss one than some good quality pics with deer being missed.

Another vote for the Wally World Tasco cams here. I bought 2 last year and left them out from August to December and they are still kicking this year. Bought 3 more last week. $28 a piece and free shipping can’t be beat.

I had hunting buddies with cameras twice as expensive tell me mine took better pics.

Back