• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OOAL Hush Stand- first impressions

A stand needs a bat wing bracket or it doesn't work for me!! The Helo has notches for LW sticks to lock in just like the Assaults.
Agreed on the need of a batwing.

By notches do you mean on the seat pad and above the post pivot point? If so that only works with full length sticks, and the center alignment throws off the attachment of a pack and puts more stick weight away from your body. All no bueno to me.

I really thought they would find a way to put notches in the platform on each side of the post to fit the minis (just like the Mission has...2 on each spot, keeping the load closer). I think it was a design miss that wouldn't have made the stand more expensive to build.

Could you not run a versa aider on each foot? Or one versa aider and a cable aider on the middle stick
Yes definitely, I have all cable aiders now but really loved the simplicity of that versa aider, I think my best option is to order one for each foot, and probably buy the adjustable one, my back is trashed and for whatever reason I can reach more with my right leg, I think I used to get more reach with the versa aider versus cable aiders, I’m just being fussy, thats what happens when I still have 2 months to wait for season to open and my bags are already packed, bow and rifle almost dialed in, I need the leaves to start changing ASAP lol!!!

A stand needs a bat wing bracket or it doesn't work for me!! The Helo has notches for LW sticks to lock in just like the Assaults.
I hear ya, I think they nailed the dimensions on the Helo, looks like a great stand and I bet they sell a pile of them, we’re so lucky to have all these great options now it wasn’t too long ago and I was still carrying my old AL50 with a hand full of screw ins!

The hush doesn't need a bat wing. It looks diff but works very similar. I put it on a super crooked tree in my video. Just bec it's diff doesn't mean it doesn't work. I don't understand how people who've never used it keep arguing against it. Video don't lie.

The hush doesn't need a bat wing. It looks diff but works very similar. I put it on a super crooked tree in my video. Just bec it's diff doesn't mean it doesn't work. I don't understand how people who've never used it keep arguing against it. Video don't lie.

Good job showing how it worked on the leaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the nice video! Just curious on that crooked tree shot you did, looks like the seat is a bit twisted compared to the platform I assume from camming it down tight on the uneven surfaces there. Is that what I’m seeing? If so, then I am guessing when you took the stand off the tree, the post/seat sprung back straight again?

Thanks for the nice video! Just curious on that crooked tree shot you did, looks like the seat is a bit twisted compared to the platform I assume from camming it down tight on the uneven surfaces there. Is that what I’m seeing? If so, then I am guessing when you took the stand off the tree, the post/seat sprung back straight again?

I'm not so sure that that's not just kinda a illusion of the picture and angle bec I didn't notice it when filming it. But the Post is completely straight right now tho

I'm not so sure that that's not just kinda a illusion of the picture and angle bec I didn't notice it when filming it. But the Post is completely straight right now tho

Gotcha. If it didn’t actually flex like that the way it looked like you had it on that tree, that’s actually pretty amazing! If it did though, glad to know it sprung back into place.

I love the new seat design but I don’t think I’d be able to run a bag under the seat

Back