• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bucket Contest Smack Talk Thread

Many years ago I worked marine construction building boat houses, bulkheads, etc. On the barge there was a red cooler that was the crapper. Whenever we got a new guy u wouldn't dump and clean after use....u let it ferment in the sun and at the end of the day u have the new guy go get everybody a beer
We use to pull that one on the new boat hands when we shrimped as well lol it was NASTY. And helps expedite sea sickness in folks that otherwise might have been ok :sweatsmile:

For the life of me I do not know what the bucket is for. I can't carry a deer in it. Don't need it to crap in. My weapon don't fit in it. I can set on a stump, laydown, or the ground. I must ask why do I need to buy a bucket. Is it like a saddle hunter thing, just need something extra to carry.

For the life of me I do not know what the bucket is for. I can't carry a deer in it. Don't need it to crap in. My weapon don't fit in it. I can set on a stump, laydown, or the ground. I must ask why do I need to buy a bucket. Is it like a saddle hunter thing, just need something extra to carry.
You obviously haven’t seen Florida deer deer. They can in fact fit in a bucket lol

Somebody else summed it up perfectly earlier. It's proving you can play 18 holes with a 7 iron.

Somebody else summed it up perfectly earlier. It's proving you can play 18 holes with a 7 iron.
The difference is that it is harder to play 18 holes with a 7 iron. It is easy to kill a spotted fawn from a bucket with a rifle.

If you would have made the competition bow only and the goal was to kill the biggest buck possible it would have made more sense, but I think your golfing analogy falls a part when the goal is kill the first deer you see.

Also, a better analogy would be hunting with traditional gear is like golfing 18 holes with a 7 iron. You're still hunting from the tree like you normally would, but the means of getting the job done (traditional bow or a 7 iron) is not the easiest nor the most efficient.

The difference is that it is harder to play 18 holes with a 7 iron. It is easy to kill a spotted fawn from a bucket with a rifle.
Until you prove it to me otherwise, spotted fawns are harder to kill than any other deer. Better camouflage, smaller target, small home range, and you only have one season to pattern and get on him.

Prove me wrong this season.

Until you prove it to me otherwise, spotted fawns are harder to kill than any other deer. Better camouflage, smaller target, small home range, and you only have one season to pattern and get on him.

And they don't have a smell right? So that feller I read about in another thread that stalks deer by scent can't catch up to a fawn...

Lol but a spotted fawn will walk down wind staring directly at you without a care in the world

Lol but a spotted fawn will walk down wind staring directly at you without a care in the world

So will really horny 150" deer during the thick of the rut. And yet we arbitrarily decide that targeting bucks during the one week out of the year they can breed, throwing caution, eating, and drinking to the wind, is somehow less lame than shooting a fawn that has what little wits it owns about it...

Your comment suggests that now spotted fawns are harder to kill because they only stay spotted for a short amount of time? What are you a trophy spotted fawn hunter? hahah

I am not sure youre going to be able to rile me up enough to get me to compete in killing a spotted fawn to prove my point. You also left out that they are dummer... I had one that walked under my tree multiple times last year, all the way around and never had a clue I was there. Another spotted fawn walked right up to my dads ground blind and licked the barrel of his rifle sticking out the blind. Fawns often drop in 2's that means you have a chance of seeing 2 every time you see one. What else, oh I was able to sneak across a entire bean field 10 yards from a fawn before it realized I was there. Also, I have driven a 4 wheeler through a hay field right up to one and it never got up. I am sure there is something else I could say.

Back