• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How have your T one sticks held up?

Another issue with all of these top end light weight sticks is the flexing of the main tube and the stand offs pulling away from the tree. When this happens come November and the temp drops below freezing, they are going to snap crackle and pop.
I do not own any of these sticks, but this is what others have said on this site and what I have seen in the video's.

I haven’t seen any of the issues you describe with the Mini Beast sticks or the EWO Ultimate One Stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t seen any of the issues you describe with the Mini Beast sticks or the EWO Ultimate One Stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great, I did not mention anybody by name, just pointing out if it flexes, you will have noise.
I was referring to the light weight sticks. I have seen good and bad about Beast sticks. I have not heard anything but good reports on EWO sticks, but they are not super light.
And I said I did not own any of the light weight sticks.
If they flex you have noise come November. Same holds true with super light tree stands.
You can only make something so light, there is a limit to everything.
But I have seen also of info on this site, example the post by Enkriss May 11, 2021.
Higher-end stick comparison | saddlehunter.com

I was talking to the owner yesterday about these and other items. The biggest problem he's having is with shipping. While the saddles and platforms are made in the U.S., the sticks and a few other things are made overseas and he's having the same shipping issues as everyone else. He did mention that he's been forced to ship some freight by air just to get products back in stock.

I was talking to the owner yesterday about these and other items. The biggest problem he's having is with shipping. While the saddles and platforms are made in the U.S., the sticks and a few other things are made overseas and he's having the same shipping issues as everyone else. He did mention that he's been forced to ship some freight by air just to get products back in stock.

Most everything they sell is offshored to China.

They are hoping to get more sticks in by Christmas. That’s a crazy lead time.

For other industries at least, I know that they're still waiting for their 2020 shipments from china, let alone anything they've ordered this year.

Great, I did not mention anybody by name, just pointing out if it flexes, you will have noise.
I was referring to the light weight sticks. I have seen good and bad about Beast sticks. I have not heard anything but good reports on EWO sticks, but they are not super light.
And I said I did not own any of the light weight sticks.
If they flex you have noise come November. Same holds true with super light tree stands.
You can only make something so light, there is a limit to everything.
But I have seen also of info on this site, example the post by Enkriss May 11, 2021.
Higher-end stick comparison | saddlehunter.com
Clearly you have no experience with some of the light weight sticks.

I have four tethrd one sticks and I haven’t had any issues from any of them I have been out on 5 hunts so far and using them every time.

The only issue I had was the glue popping and that pointy spot on the end of the step.

With that said. If they do figure out how to eliminate the glue and remedy that situation I would totally give them another shot.

The only issue I had was the glue popping and that pointy spot on the end of the step.

With that said. If they do figure out how to eliminate the glue and remedy that situation I would totally give them another shot.
Any idea what the plan is? Are they going to pin it in two directions or something?

They sent me new sticks no questions asked. However, 3 of the 4 replacement sticks the glue broke :laughing:. Even if the pin doesn't wear over time and lasts, the bigger problem is when the stick wiggles back and forth there is a very noticeable metallic squeaking sound. It's driving me insane and likely will cause me to go back to the beasts

Any idea if the 1 year warranty is extended from the date of those replacements?

What it says on the website is: "Our warranty applies if something goes wrong with the construction or manufacturing; we’ll cover defects for 1 year from the date of purchase."

So, I'm guessing not, but maybe you have different info having executed a warranty exchange.

I wonder how many replacements they have on hand, and if some may end up with replacements from the new batch.

Any idea what the plan is? Are they going to pin it in two directions or something?

In April I heard they had a solution to eliminate play in sticks that had popped glue, and that they were working on implementation. I don't know anything beyond that about the matter.

Any idea if the 1 year warranty is extended from the date of those replacements?

What it says on the website is: "Our warranty applies if something goes wrong with the construction or manufacturing; we’ll cover defects for 1 year from the date of purchase."

So, I'm guessing not, but maybe you have different info having executed a warranty exchange.

I wonder how many replacements they have on hand, and if some may end up with replacements from the new batch.
They didn't say anything about that in the email exchange. Depending if I can get the noise issue fixed, I'll use them all season then start another exchange once the new batch comes out

I am not a Tethrd basher (except for maybe 1 or 2 guys on their "pro-staff" who in my opinion would pimp anything for a dollar, but different story) those guys all started here and they hit the jackpot with great timing. Good for them.

HOWEVER, their highly advertised and eagerly awaited sticks have not even seen 1 hunting season by the general masses and they are already redesigning and trying to roll out version 2 due to glue failure? Then trying to sell said masses on how the glue is not necessary and one single roll pin is adequate? Sorry folks, but if I owned a set of these Gen 1 sticks they would be sold with full disclosure to buy at own risk, or returned for full refund in a hurry. No way would I trust that single roll pin to NOT back itself out over time as one rocks on it.

Suffice it to say that with multiple decades of experience as a service technician, the last decade and a half plus servicing anything and everything that protects or provides people with money in financial institutions, I feel it's not if a roll pin backs out, it's when. I was highly skeptical of the "chemical weld" and roll pin to begin with, and it appears my skepticism had merit.

I am not a Tethrd basher (except for maybe 1 or 2 guys on their "pro-staff" who in my opinion would pimp anything for a dollar, but different story) those guys all started here and they hit the jackpot with great timing. Good for them.

HOWEVER, their highly advertised and eagerly awaited sticks have not even seen 1 hunting season by the general masses and they are already redesigning and trying to roll out version 2 due to glue failure? Then trying to sell said masses on how the glue is not necessary and one single roll pin is adequate? Sorry folks, but if I owned a set of these Gen 1 sticks they would be sold with full disclosure to buy at own risk, or returned for full refund in a hurry. No way would I trust that single roll pin to NOT back itself out over time as one rocks on it.

Suffice it to say that with multiple decades of experience as a service technician, the last decade and a half plus servicing anything and everything that protects or provides people with money in financial institutions, I feel it's not if a roll pin backs out, it's when. I was highly skeptical of the "chemical weld" and roll pin to begin with, and it appears my skepticism had merit.
No such thing of chemical welding dissimilar alloys...roll pins are strong and cheap but a “mushroom head rivet” Is superior when bonding two materials together...but not cheaper

Another issue with all of these top end light weight sticks is the flexing of the main tube and the stand offs pulling away from the tree. When this happens come November and the temp drops below freezing, they are going to snap crackle and pop.
I do not own any of these sticks, but this is what others have said on this site and what I have seen in the video's.
LOL Tell you what I use top end light weight sticks in below freezing temps multiple times. Nothing in your post happened and believe me Im far from a weight class that isn't stressing them. If you dont have real life experience why post?

No such thing of chemical welding dissimilar alloys...roll pins are strong and cheap but a “mushroom head rivet” Is superior when bonding two materials together...but not cheaper

"
" title="YouTube video player"

There's a calm before the storm and the western front is quiet...

Sorry, your rivet post reminded me of a tune I hadn't heard in a minute.

Actually there is and it’s done every day in the auto industry. Structural adhesive, high performance structural adhesive, and crash durable mastics are all a thing.

Actually there is and it’s done every day in the auto industry. Structural adhesive, high performance structural adhesive, and crash durable mastics are all a thing.
Not with two materials with different metallurgy...mild steel and mild or raw aluminum And raw aluminum yes...clad aluminum and titanium no...that’s just glue

If you are interested in the topic.
There is an interesting Wikipedia post on this although it leads with steel as a substrate.

Or google adhesive bonding of dissimilar substrates . Joint design is likely a critical design consideration in this application
Most reputable adhesive manufacturers have extensive documents on these topics.

Back