• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzer Archon

Silvio

Well, I've got to say my Kestrel saddle might get limited use after recieveing my Cruzer Archon. It's liter, quite, and the quality is really top of the line. Its very comfortable with more adjustment opportunities especially for all day sits...the amsteel bridge can be adjusted to allow more tension on the top or bottom of the bridge loops...this is an awesome feature fellas....the only aspect of the archon two piece saddle which seems to be tuff is the back straps to lengthen the saddle to fit more underneath you.
..it takes two hands but after using it today on a preset setup I'll probably set the top from the bottom at about 4 inches apart. Like to hear what others are saying about it
May the Magic of the Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life
Silvio

I had an Archon for a little while and, while I've heard all the complaints about the straps, I had no problem loosening them with one hand. Just lever the plastic thumb tab so it's pointing down and the strap slides right through.

I had an Archon for a little while and, while I've heard all the complaints about the straps, I had no problem loosening them with one hand. Just lever the plastic thumb tab so it's pointing down and the strap slides right through.
I'll give it a try later today

Looked at the Cruzer I think they are made right near me. Love that archon is two panel but the kit is pretty expensive.
I just bought the archon...its a great value right now for $249 on sale. I'm one of those guys who sits all day...and although my Kestrel was comfortable it tended to ride up on me and causing me to pull it down...the archon really can get underneath your bottom for complete comfort

I just bought the archon...its a great value right now for $249 on sale. I'm one of those guys who sits all day...and although my Kestrel was comfortable it tended to ride up on me and causing me to pull it down...the archon really can get underneath your bottom for complete comfort
Does the top panel slide over or under the bottom panel when collapsing the saddle

Does the top panel slide over or under the bottom panel when collapsing the saddle
Depending how you use the top panel...it can be place low or in my case I like it for back support. The bottom panel over laps the top panel when the adjustment straps are pull up or in a closed position20210812_103958.jpg20210812_103840.jpg

Last edited:
Will probably do away with the leg straps and panel adjustment straps on mine. I'll leave the panel adjustment straps on until I'm positive that I don't need or want them, playing around with a kydex clip and paracord loops, seems much simpler to me. By putting a loop through the main leg strap attachment point and bringing it up to the clip, you can collapse it down to 10" for the walk in. Have to remove the leg straps though. I would think you could leave the panel straps adjusted the way you like and still use this method. When you get to hunting height just reach back and flip the loops out of the clip, then lean back.

Attachments

• 20210812_160728.jpg
    20210812_160728.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210812_160711.jpg
    20210812_160711.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 38
Nice...ive always carried my saddle rolled up in my day pack...and then put it on at the base of my tree...being the archon is lighter I'm going to see how it feels...I also don't like using a bump pouch for both of my ropes..which is another reason I don't wear it in.....but ill give this approach a chance and see how it goes

Spent a couple of hours back in this new saddle today...and played around with the length of the bridge and the p-rap on the bridge loops. There is a sweet spot you can generate for sure...but I used a tether back band in addition to compliment the added back support...I don't think I'll use it alot.
..but it will be in my bag certainly on all day sits...have to say I really like this 2 layer archon

Back