• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Method 2

MNFarmHunter

Didn't want to derail the other thread about the Classic.

Received mine today, set it up and got a quick climb-n-sit in after work. Out of curiosity, I didn't attach the leg loops on it and don't think I will. When climbing and sitting, it adjusts like a bosans chair and they aren't really needed when leaning. By not having the loops, it also allows you to make adjustments to the panel position without having to readjust the loops.

Initial impressions
Pros:
- Damn this thing is comfy. I saw other posting they couldn't get comfortable with it and am not really sure why. Climbing SRT and sitting at height, it's like sitting in a swing with low back support.
- I wasn't sure if I'd like the magnets but they are slick and surprisingly strong. They definitely will hold the lower panel in place when moving around.
- Panel straps. I wasn't sure if I'd use them but ordered them anyways and glad I did. Once set to the sweet spot, the lower panel drops into the same place every time.
- Molle loops are actually sewn wide enough to be usable without needle nose pliers.
- Lightweight and compact.

Cons:
- Not sold on the rope belt yet. My knot may be loose but it did slip on me while walking around. There's also a sizable tag end that needs to be tucked out of the way.
- Adjustable bridge. I like adjustable bridges for climbing and hanging but this thing bites down hard. Certainly not bad from a safety standpoint but does require 2 hands and breaking the prusik apart to adjust it. It's also very long and ended up tying a 2nd stopper to use up the extra rope. This isn't a con from a business standpoint but I may end up cutting it down.

I agree about the prusik on the bridge. Mine was way too tight. I actually took one of the wraps out… maybe that’s dangerous but it works much better.

I agree about the prusik on the bridge. Mine was way too tight. I actually took one of the wraps out… maybe that’s dangerous but it works much better.

Mine is super tight as well. I figured it will loosen up some after use but I might have to take a wrap out as well until it starts to loosen up some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which set of wraps did you take a loop out of, the bridge loop or the bridge itself? Taking a wrap off the bridge loop is perfectly safe - 3 wraps is more than really needed anyway. Taking a wrap out of the prussik on the bridge itself could allow it to slide too easily even when weighted and then you get into the debate on the safety of amsteel as it has a lower melting point than dedicated prussik cord and could fail, etc…

It looks like this now. My plan is like what seadonist said, take it out until it loosens up a bit. I’ve been shooting out of it a good bit. No slip so far but I’ll continue to watch it.

9608F18A-26D8-4C6D-9DD7-BBC833148280.jpeg

As long as you have stopper knots you should be fine.
I’m not there to see it for myself but I know I run Schwabish’s with only two wraps on top on a bunch of things...

Back