• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hurricane Ida

Made it through ok. Worked 96 straight hours as a first responder, just made it home today to access damage. Mother Nature spared my house but many neighbors didn’t make out so well. The city I work for shut down all city agency’s during the hurricane except for the FD which I work for. We responded to 8 working fires in the middle of the hurricane with winds from 75-100 mph and dozens on building collapses. Monday didn’t get much better with 5 working fires. Shotty electric and high winds make for excellent fire conditions. Thankfully none of these resulted in a fatality that I’m aware of. Just getting cell service back today. Thanks to everyone who said a prayer. Much appreciated.

Made it through ok. Worked 96 straight hours as a first responder, just made it home today to access damage. Mother Nature spared my house but many neighbors didn’t make out so well. The city I work for shut down all city agency’s during the hurricane except for the FD which I work for. We responded to 8 working fires in the middle of the hurricane with winds from 75-100 mph and dozens on building collapses. Monday didn’t get much better with 5 working fires. Shotty electric and high winds make for excellent fire conditions. Thankfully none of these resulted in a fatality that I’m aware of. Just getting cell service back today. Thanks to everyone who said a prayer. Much appreciated.
Get some rest bud......u know how the old.sayiny goes, where there's smoke, there's a cat4 hurricane.

People like you make America worth fighting for.

Been there brother. Did that during the flood of 2016. Be safe and get some rest.

I had put this in the general discussion section but saw people we responding more in this section-
Wanted to express my thoughts and prayers to all those that have been affected by the recent storms! These storms have been life changing for millions, I hope anyone in this forum that is affected is ok and that they are able to get thru the difficult times. Hope you’ll be able to again hunt in your saddle and enjoy better times! Prayers to all!

Thank you for all you done for the community and fellow man. We're proud to have people like you in the forum and in the world in general.

Back