• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spot Hogg Wiseguy w/ Boa strap??

wihunter50

Looking at buying my first release. Been using one I got with my son’s bow. It’s a caliper release and my only experience as I’m a new bow hunter. Questions for those using the Wiseguy:
1. How light is the trigger when hunting. I shot it tonight and really like the trigger but wonder when there’s adrenaline will I be more likely to misfire? Or when colder?
2. For Boa strap users: how’s the clicking in the woods. I liked the fit but not sure I will like the click-clack when I put it on once in my stand.
3. Any other thoughts on the release?
Thanks for your reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use one with the a boa. You can adjust the trigger to your liking, have a hair trigger or se to where you really need to pull the trigger to engage.

As far as the boa and clicking, I would not worry about it. You make more noise going in and up the tree than that does. If it really is a concern where it in. It folds back out of the way so it is not dangling like others.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Have mine with wrist strap. Love it. They didn't have boa where I purchased mine. Trigger was a little light out of the package put adjusted and love it. Really like the size of the hook compared to all the other hooks I tried

I have the one with the leather buckle strap. I love the open hook and use it hunting over my Stan SX3 which is a great release. I left the trigger really light and this will be my third season using it with no plans to change.

I have the buckle wrist strap as well, really like the release. The only negative i see with the boa is not being able to maintain a constant tightness every time you put it on.

I ended up getting the leather buckle. The boa strap became increasingly uncomfortable with repeated shooting to the point it felt like I was developing a blister. I think due to the thinness and properties of the boa strap material I experienced more pressure at the seams with the boa. Really like the release though and glad I went with the leather strap. Hopefully I get a chance to put it to use this weekend! Thanks for all the input.

Back