• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 13 Thread

I'm not worried. I have till mid January to fill tags and I have plenty of them. Season hasn't even started for some of us. I am jealous of those September seasons though

I'm so amped I can't stand myself. First year to have:

• An out-of-state tag. I can legally shoot 6 bucks and basically unlimited does this year.
  • A car with less than 200k miles on it. Been a LONG time since I've had that
  • A boat that is fully functional and that doesn't leak
I spent a chunk of the summer mapping out good counties based on DMAP harvest reports and trophy records and drove all over them. I'm not saying I'll do better than I ever have before, but I've got more acres of good habitat and better access to them than I've ever had before.

I ain't skinny, but I ain't as heavy as I was end of last season either. May have to get @iamcorey to help drag but I should be able to muster up enough energy to cock the mini and pull the trigger.

What out of state tag do you have?

The hawk crawler is standing by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Nutter,

Are you in fact on 13. I can't see your name on it.
if so please put some points on the board for me as I can't hunt again till mid Oct.
But that being said I should get to go to Virigina for the first 2 weeks of Nov.
Thanks to all for having me on Team 13!

Bongo

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
^^^ I have a Hotspot in Virginia.
I wish I had the first 2 weeks of November to hunt there...

Last edited:
Well saw 3 doe last night but just out of range and one big boar. Winds were swirly at best and pressure wasn’t any better. Might take the trad bow out for a hunt tonight, hopefully I’ll get something on the ground.

Well saw a small 6 and a spike on the way in. They spooked and headed towards where I was going to set up so I pushed in and as soon as I got set up had a doe and a fawn work in to about 30 but lost them in a thicket when a thunderstorm rolled in. After about 30 min of downpour I called it a day and went home early to do some work around our house we’re selling. Of course it quit raining as soon as I got home but 2 sits and was on deer both times so can’t complain. Only got to hunt about 2 hours, that storm had them on their feet.

Happy to be part of the team! This is my first year in the contest.

Would love to hear where you guys live and any additional states you hunt in?

I live and hunt in PA - mostly the state forest mid-state but also hunt September in MD and hunt the rut in Ohio.

I hunted yesterday evening. Saw 7 does, unfortunately a bear had passed through about an hour before the deer. When they hit the bears trail they became nervous and wouldn't cross it and eventually walked off in the other direction. I had a brief broadside shot at one of them but, I decided to pass the shot. It was a nervous/jumpy deer at the edge of my recurve range and was raining.

They hung around there for about 5 minutes trying to figure out where the bear went. It was pretty comical watching a couple mature does jump out of their skin every time the fawns would move to start playing with each other. The bear scent had them on edge. It was a good evening even though I got soaked.

I hunt Illinois. I have a few small tracts of public near me I’m still trying to figure out. Spend about half my time out there and half my time on free permission private ground. Temp was in the low 50s this morning. It’s getting close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this will be my first hunt out of a saddle on October 2nd. I am on call that day so I can only get out in the morning for about 2.5 hours. I am hunting a new spot I never hunted before. I found some massive trails coming out of two small clearcuts down to a stream. Since I can't put trail cams out on the military base I hunt I have no clue when they are moving through but I am taking a chance regardless. I think with it being the first day and other guys moving around I should see something and where I am set up it would appear I would get a shot. Here is to tagging one early and quick 5 points. Or maybe I'll get lucky and see a big boy sneaking through. Its def. that kind of spot where I think that could happen.

Back