• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Show Me Your Scored Buck

110 5/8" gross (all measurements have been made by me). State biologist aged at 5.5yo. Wish I had written the weight down and got more pics because he was a big-bodied deer to me. South Alabama. He does not look 110 to me but he is the heaviest euro mount on my wall. Noticably heavier than the last buck I posted.

buck.jpg

110 5/8" gross (all measurements have been made by me). State biologist aged at 5.5yo. Wish I had written the weight down and got more pics because he was a big-bodied deer to me. South Alabama. He does not look 110 to me but he is the heaviest euro mount on my wall. Noticably heavier than the last buck I posted.

View attachment 53831
I'd love to see the breakdown of mass measurements between the two. This buck appears to have a lot more mass.

1/10 lol but was suprised by only being one bracket off for the most part. i didn't expect to do well, each and every one was a shooter in my book. another thread i'm looking forward to revisiting though

I'd love to see the breakdown of mass measurements between the two. This buck appears to have a lot more mass.
So he's about a half inch bigger with the measurements between his g1/g2 and g2/g3. That borderline palmation, crab claw thing he has going helps him.

He's also wider and has more tip-to-tip spread.
Screenshot_20210930-100431_Gallery.jpg

Biggest difference i noticed immediately is i can set them both on a tabletop and the one on the left sits on his teeth. One on the right tips back wards and rests on the antlers.

I was consistently low on all but two. Assuming they ended up putting tape to the racks, don’t know why they didn’t just put out the exact score. From southern NY

good excercise though, thanks for posting

Also @Nutterbuster I don't think that quiz is accurate... There is no way in hell that gangly 6 point makes 116"+... Not to boast but I am pretty good at guessing deer and got 3/10. I guessed my buddy's 2 eights right down to the inch and I am usually within 5" as far as gross score goes. These bucks are live, on film, who is to say they were harvested and scored and during what period? I would take that test and the results with a grain of salt for sure. The trickiest area for scoring by eye is the 135"-165" range for sure but between 100"-135" and anything over 165" with a clean typical frame is pretty easy guess work. Yes, some surprise you, but I have rarely been outside of 10" on a gross guess since I started taping and watching people score deer.

Maybe I'll get some of my euros together and tape them, you guys can post guesses and after a week ill post the results.

Now to find the time to do so...

Back