• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Live from the saddle 2021

X2
Passed on a few opportunities so far...
4cb3b43010e915b130412c91b7d48ae6.jpg
77ee03a4ed1d4d6bec8a3ea7fd903212.jpg
a8d667a42f294e48a246b3b46b4e2c7f.jpg

good luck! what type of setup is that? not familiar with the bridge to ring on a strap connection you're using there as a tether.

That the old original LW Sniper sling they included with the assasin. It's essentially what Brad Kuhnert hunts with. I took the shoulder straps off and had CGM(https://www.customgearmodifications.com/) add updated full strength Lineman's loops(can be seen here https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/shout-out-to-cgm-for-some-custom-work.40532/). Its a super low tether setup and works great with a platform. The tether is integrated with the bridge like Eberharts old setup and @Nutterbuster 's pocket tether with the astri-alpinesetup. I really like how simple and easy it is to setup.

I"ve never been a platform guy, but this setup is SOLID and quite comfortable. I Used it for just under 4 hours today and had no hip pinch, or discomfort.

We’ve been open for bow in NC for about 3 weeks. Today is muzzle loader in a lot of areas. I haven’t heard a shot yet tho.

I do like your Fanny pack. This morning I’ve been sit there thinking how to rig the inside of an extra EWO Fleece pouch for a “coffee table” to hold water. Phone. Etc. maybe I just need to grab a runners Fanny pack. That might be as effective and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its not live today but last evening! Opening day evening sit. Saw one big doe and a coyote right beneath my stand. I almost wanted to shoot that coyote but I was hoping Mr. Big was coming out. I was set up next to a ridge to my left that the deer come up from bedding. To my back is fallow and feed fields they are in all night. This spot is a narrowing of the woods along the ridge too. The wind was from the west (mostly) yesterday but then switched at close to sundown to SW. Thermals were pulling my sent toward the ridge but the setup was ok because the ridge drops down basically where I'm at and I'm betting on my scent drift to go over everything below. The trails the deer come up are about 20 yards to my right and there is another lesser used one to my left downwind but as evening approached the thermals switch back out to the field. At least they did that yesterday. No buck seen at all. IMG-7107.jpg

Season is open here in NY. I hunted briefly on Friday, more of a practice run really and yesterday morning with a group of friends. All of us saw deer and the guy that we all wanted to get one did shoot a doe,his first archery deer after 5 years of trying. We were super excited for him,and he was too of course.

Back