• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 8 Thread

Finally got my sticks painted and reassembled. Ready for this weekend. Also have the aiders installed. Chose to leave the hardware black since my wife having surgery and my daughters terrible twos starting! I’ll be out tomorrow, Friday, and most of the weekend. Here’s to a bountiful harvest! The cable aiders seem a little out of control though. Any suggestions on methods of securing them? Lol excuse the mess in the garage. Still moving in!
2b9d406be9c494be671f56069e4f6d54.jpg

7d2661e38e02f5eb00d675e99a0b3295.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use GSM web aiders 24" ($7/EA on amazon) because I found the cables to be out of control. The webbed ones I wrap around the lower standoffs once and they stay put. When I tear down I throw them in the side pouch of my pack.

Finally got my sticks painted and reassembled. Ready for this weekend. Also have the aiders installed. Chose to leave the hardware black since my wife having surgery and my daughters terrible twos starting! I’ll be out tomorrow, Friday, and most of the weekend. Here’s to a bountiful harvest! The cable aiders seem a little out of control though. Any suggestions on methods of securing them? Lol excuse the mess in the garage. Still moving in!
2b9d406be9c494be671f56069e4f6d54.jpg

7d2661e38e02f5eb00d675e99a0b3295.jpg

I used amsteel aiders on 20” hawk sticks. I run 4 sticks, 1 two step aider one single step and I keep a second single step in a dump pouch incase I need it when climbing

Nice looking doe - good job! You're doing GREAT this year! Gonna focus on that giant buck next?
He is currently residing on posted property per his usual routine. He usually shows back up around week 2 or 3 of October so hopefully when we are back from the moose hunt I can close in on him! I also have a couple nice bucks in my normal zones to hunt and I’m going to Ohio at the end of November!

Alright people, next chance I get to bow hunt is 3 Saturdays from now. Saturday I leave for that double moose hunt up north… With that being said I will NOT have cell service for 9 days. If we happen to punch tags early in the week I will try to put some saddle time in up there. Deer are few far and in between but when you run into one it’s generally over 200lbs. Odds are slim to none but hopefully if I get time my woodsmanship will prevail.
Side note: When I get back I have one final week of bow season during the pre-rut, then it’s game on with my rifle for 4 weeks which includes our rut. Then, Ohio for 9 days for a last ditch effort at scoring some serious points for the team!
As of right now, holding for 8 or better but mainly targeting weight this season, Gutta break that 200 mark…pounds that is.

Alright people, next chance I get to bow hunt is 3 Saturdays from now. Saturday I leave for that double moose hunt up north… With that being said I will NOT have cell service for 9 days. If we happen to punch tags early in the week I will try to put some saddle time in up there. Deer are few far and in between but when you run into one it’s generally over 200lbs. Odds are slim to none but hopefully if I get time my woodsmanship will prevail.
Side note: When I get back I have one final week of bow season during the pre-rut, then it’s game on with my rifle for 4 weeks which includes our rut. Then, Ohio for 9 days for a last ditch effort at scoring some serious points for the team!
As of right now, holding for 8 or better but mainly targeting weight this season, Gutta break that 200 mark…pounds that is.

Sounds good, have fun with your moose hunt. I’m about two weeks I’ll be heading down to MO to do a week hunt with some retired military friends. Hopefully capitalize on some good weather and alcohol.

Back