• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Got a Cruzr XC, wondering if I should have gotten the Archon

Websniper

I did my first real sit in the XC last night. I've been back and forth and wondering if I should have gotten an Archon instead. I was struggling to get comy with the XC and found the back of my one thigh was pretty sore this morning, probably from too much pressure along the bottom strap.

I'm already comfortable hunting at height and am using the same sticks I climb with for hang on's, so all of the process and climbing are not an issue for me, I'm just not able to make myself comfy in it. I always thought I'd be a sitter, but found that leaning so far was least uncomfortable for me. Until my foot starting falling asleep. I will say I am currently just using top of stick and 2 strap on steps as my platform.

Any suggestions or does anyone thing it would be worth swapping out the XC for an Archon?

Tether height , bridge length , where the bridge is on the saddle loops can all change the feel largely.

Try wearing your saddle just below your belt line. Center the bridge prussics on your bridge loops (or adjust them so that top and bottom pressure feels even) and fully extend your bridge length. Make minor adjustments as necessary! I usually All this comfort stuff is subjective, so what works for one person may not work for another lol.

I've been wearing the waist belt right above my regular beltline. Will try to wear lower, but it always feels like it's falling off then. Like I'm wearing early 2000's lady's jeans!

Average Jack has a video on some ways to make your saddle more comfortable. He uses a Phantom but the info should help with other saddles. I can sit about a half day in my XC and be comfortable. If I need more comfort I use my JX3. I would not make any decision based on 1 sit.

One of my saddles, no matter what I do, I cant take for more than a couple hours. That could be the case for you and the XC, but I wouldnt give up without trying every adjustment I could. Best of luck and good huntin.

No matter what saddle you will start to feel pressure in certain spots. This is my third season doing it and after many saddles I have finally realized this. The best so far is using a two panel saddle so that you can adjust your pressure when it gets to be too much. I now use the Treehopper Recon. It’s hands down the best but I still get pressure however because of its superior adjustability I can stay in the tree much longer, like 8 hours or more. Good luck!

Yeah that's kinda my point, wonder if I should have gone 2 panel instead of the XC. I guess the reduced fiddle factor and simplicity appealed to me, but comfort is also priority.

Sat again today for about 4 hours and got it setup much better. Need to see about getting a knee pad too. Sitting is whack without one.

Yeah that's kinda my point, wonder if I should have gone 2 panel instead of the XC. I guess the reduced fiddle factor and simplicity appealed to me, but comfort is also priority.

Sat again today for about 4 hours and got it setup much better. Need to see about getting a knee pad too. Sitting is whack without one.
Homedepot or Amazon.

Walmart sells seat cushions with a strap for like 5 bucks. What I do is hang my pack right in front and low enough that I use it for knee pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back