• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophy Line vs ARC'TERYX knee pads

Patriot

Anyone tried both and have insight in the difference and your preference?

I own arcteryx but started another thread crying about My knee pain so I’m trying to figure out if a different knee pad might help.

I've had the TL and a pair of knock off Arc'teryx. My favorite kneepads so far are the latitude outdoors kneepads. They stay in place better than either of the other two I mentioned and have more padding than the Arc'teryx.

Yeah the Alta/Latitude are nice. I did feel like my Trophylines had the best cushioning though, but I did not like how stiff they were while climbing. The Alta/Latitude are alot more flexible but with a little less cushioning imo.

I have a pair of the old TLs. They are ok but I find myself stopping often to tighten the top strap when walking. Interested in hearing who else besides @GCTerpfan thinks the Latitude pads are worthwhile? I have a pair of them in the shopping cart now and he's not answering my texts fast enough :tearsofjoy:

I have a pair of the old TLs. They are ok but I find myself stopping often to tighten the top strap when walking. Interested in hearing who else besides @GCTerpfan thinks the Latitude pads are worthwhile? I have a pair of them in the shopping cart now and he's not answering my texts fast enough :tearsofjoy:

Ha! I answered 28 min ago. Proof! :)

Screenshot_20211010-202158.png

I personally don’t like hard shell kneepads so the arcteryx are a no from me.

I liked the latitude kneepads till I sat a couple hours with them. My knees weren’t happy. Not near enough padding but other than that they are perfect.

with that said I use kneepads to pad my knees. I ordered another set of trophyline to try. When the come I will probably be trying to sell the latitude

FWIW Been wearing these this year and they are great. I like them better than both of the two mentioned and they are cheaper too. Great grip to the tree and a gel type of padding.

Found them at the hardware store for $20.

I have a pair of Crain 196's on the way. I was at a customer's and there was a flooring contractor there doing some work. He's on his knees all day and said they were the best he's ever used. I tried them on. VERY comfy. It's TBD how they hold up in the field.

I can weigh in on half-i have the trophyline ones (for free actually-great customer service, it was out of stock when ordered but shown as in stock, they refunded me AND sent them for free when they were back in stock. Made me a fan for sure)... They have been great, they do slide a bit when walking unless I cinch them down, but that's more me wearing them loose than the strap failing. I have been eyeing the latitude ones as well- they seem better on the knee and potentially more packable, the TL ones aren't small.

FWIW Been wearing these this year and they are great. I like them better than both of the two mentioned and they are cheaper too. Great grip to the tree and a gel type of padding.

Found them at the hardware store for $20.

I always wear knee pads at work. I bought these to keep clean for laying flooring. Ripped at the seems after like my 3rd floor. Surprised they are taking the grinding on a tree.

I always wear knee pads at work. I bought these to keep clean for laying flooring. Ripped at the seems after like my 3rd floor. Surprised they are taking the grinding on a tree.
Haha shoot! I’m glad to know that. I guess I get what I pay for. So far so good. I’ve laid floors as well and i would say flooring is much harder on knee pads than trees due to the constant movement and rubbing of the pad itself. But you may be right and maybe they won’t make it through the season. We will see.

Haha shoot! I’m glad to know that. I guess I get what I pay for. So far so good. I’ve laid floors as well and i would say flooring is much harder on knee pads than trees due to the constant movement and rubbing of the pad itself. But you may be right and maybe they won’t make it through the season. We will see.
Probably all depends if they were made on a Monday or Friday :) Happy hunting

I've got the original Trophyline and Arc'teryx. I tried them both single sticking and prefer the Trophyline for the way they grab the tree. Occasionally I have to adjust them on the walk in, but not often. Been holding up for a year and a half so far. Planning to sell my Arc'teryx.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

Back