• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TIMBERPIMP 2021 Competition

Geez I thought I was the only guy here demented enough to love a Parker
U know there's the peeps who gotta buy a new bow every/every other year?.... That's not me..haha
I've only shot less than a handful of bows with a bowtec and Matthews being the more expensive and this Parker draws just as smooth and shoots just as well as the expensive 1s IMO

U know there's the peeps who gotta buy a new bow every/every other year?.... That's not me..haha
I've only shot less than a handful of bows with a bowtec and Matthews being the more expensive and this Parker draws just as smooth and shoots just as well as the expensive 1s IMO
I always felt the same I stuck with Parker till the bitter end of their production and still have my Viking today but I will say I hate my Viking compared to every other Parker I ever had. I think it shoots terribly

bro, how are people going to know if your a real hunter or not? You don't have matching camo, bow, quiver, and shoot less than 280fps.

I secured meat in Timberpimpery yesterday. Sadly, due to a canoe-rollover incident by @always89y good pictures are lacking, but I do have this.View attachment 55088
I only laugh because I’m assuming y’all are alright! That sucks. You gotta give more details than that. What kind of water were you in? how deep? what happened to the doe? Was she wearing her life jacket? Etc. sweet looking bow btw.

I only laugh because I’m assuming y’all are alright! That sucks. You gotta give more details than that. What kind of water were you in? how deep? what happened to the doe? Was she wearing her life jacket? Etc. sweet looking bow btw.

All this and more!!!! I’m betting this is a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! The old man tried to run down to the canoe to pull it around while I drug out the deer. I got to the water just quick enough to watch him step in, off balance, and roll right over. All materials were recovered and aside from getting a little wet, he's just fine! Maybe 2 foot of water where it rolled. More of a pride injury than anything. To be fair to him, I've fallen out of it more than once. We're just gluttons for it I guess.

1st, the water was 12 feet if it was an inch. He thought it was shallower because he sees me as a giant of a man...a hero.
next, It didnt roll when I stepped in, it happened when I put to much english on the spear that I was chucking at a 400lb flathead that happend to show up.
His angle made it look like it was close to the shoreline, but was probably a good 30 meters out, obviously, as 400 lbs flatheads are a deep water fish.
Water temp was a fridged 48 degrees.
One of my "saddle shape" routines is to wear a dive belt whilst climbing. I happened to have that on. He didnt see it cause I was chewing it off at the bottom of the lake and decided to leave it there. Collected all of the gear on my deep water walk back to the canoe.

1st, the water was 12 feet if it was an inch. He thought it was shallower because he sees me as a giant of a man...a hero.
next, It didnt roll when I stepped in, it happened when I put to much english on the spear that I was chucking at a 400lb flathead that happend to show up.
His angle made it look like it was close to the shoreline, but was probably a good 30 meters out, obviously, as 400 lbs flatheads are a deep water fish.
Water temp was a fridged 48 degrees.
One of my "saddle shape" routines is to wear a dive belt whilst climbing. I happened to have that on. He didnt see it cause I was chewing it off at the bottom of the lake and decided to leave it there. Collected all of the gear on my deep water walk back to the canoe.
As with any story with two sides to it I'm sure the real story lies somewhere in-between the two accounts. I'm not saying which side I'm leaning toward believing more but I will say . . . being a fellow old guy with a daughter who I'm guessing is the same age as your son . . . these kids have a lot to learn about truth and fiction. :tearsofjoy:

Back