• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 13 Thread

Everybody says pass on the little ones to shoot the big ones. Well, I passed and just got the same little one again. So I shot him hoping that next time I don't have to pass on the same little one again to shoot the big one.

Make sense?

Not really .

I've been in range of this buck 4 or 5 times so far this year..
I wanna see him next year! He'll be a giant.

Screenshot_20211007-220345_Gallery.jpg

Not really .

I've been in range of this buck 4 or 5 times so far this year..
I wanna see him next year! He'll be a giant.

View attachment 55061
Nice.

In all seriousness, I would have rather busted one of the dozen does I saw this weekend. But on a 46°, bluebird day on the river after 9 months of not killing deer, the urge was strong and it felt good to be loading another one in the canoe. Why the first 10 days of our season is bucks-only I'll never know. Fawns will still be carrying spots in gun season and rut isn't until late January so it's not a rut or fawn thing.

Still got 5 tags. 2 in Alabama so they'll probably get saved for something a little bigger. I'll absolutely torch the first legal deer i see in MS though just because I've never shot a deer in that state.

Well gents, the movers packed up my saddle and climbing gear yesterday to ship out west to our new place. Looks like 2 doe is all I will be providing this season as far as the competition goes. I still have my recurve and my feet to get out one or two more times in the next week. I’ll be following the thread looking forward to seeing everyone’s successes this season.

Back