• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Easy to make trail markers that work great.

Picked up a roll of reflective paracord from amazon.....really pops under a red light.
39ae9155b41bd592ad52e0c3feb36391.jpg
That looks great. Thanks for sharing the link.

Im using cheap CREE LED flashlights off ebay that use 18650 rechargeables. Dont under estimate them for the price. Been using them for night time fox hunting for years - work great.

We use reflective flagging tape. It’s like bucks for a roll and they last a long time. In my experience bright blue with reflective markings is the best. At night I’ve found it really stands out rather then pink, yellow, red, or orange flagging tape which can be same shade as some of our flowers. Not much things in the mountains that is bright blue so it’s a huge confidence booster when you see it. We almost never cut trail just put up a flag and follow flags and gps. None of our beginning sections of trails have flags only once you really get in on em you see em and you gotta know what to look for. Never had any problems with guys using my trail... but then again most other hunters are lazy and don’t wanna step foot off the beaten path

Bought some of this in neon green
Absolutely no reflectivity to it, will be returning to amazon for refund.
Hope the stuff you bought is better but off to a different vendor/brand/supplier for me
I'll snap a picture when I can, mile barely reflected when I tried it with my phone but with my headlamp it shows up great, it was strange. Still in testing phase, and never planning on going out without my compass backup etc.

The idea of the pieces of fluorescent and reflective cord to mark the path is great! ;)

But to see them better I suggest you use a flashlight with a UV bulb ...

Seeing is believing...

Years ago I used it to find arrows that ended in the high grass or in the bushes ...
especially in the evening/night , when they are hit by the UV rays of the flashlight,
the nocks seemed to shine with their own light.... and also the vanes... :fearscream:

Best Regards!

Dino

Some guys just don't need to be walking in the woods let alone hunting if they don't know where they are going. I don't know why but it irks me to no end when I see flagging tape all over public land. Geesh, you can follow it right to where they hunted. I always tear it down and carry it out with me. I think it is trashy. JMHO.

Some guys just don't need to be walking in the woods let alone hunting if they don't know where they are going. I don't know why but it irks me to no end when I see flagging tape all over public land. Geesh, you can follow it right to where they hunted. I always tear it down and carry it out with me. I think it is trashy. JMHO.

Irks me too. I usually come out of the forest with pockets full of flagging tape when I see it on Crown land (public). If you don't know your way without festooning the woods with tons of streamers, then you don't belong there.

We do use trail tape when we're bringing a big animal (moose) out from in the back country to mark the best route in and out from a trail....but we always remove it on the way out.

If I know the area I dont use it. I went out to KY to hunt with a buddy this past season - over 100,000 acres, with poor cell service. I flagged my way out at night to get back to same area in the am. I didn't leave it up, I picked it up on my way in.

Great idea for marking blood trail or where the shot was taken. I will be making some up for this purpose, sometimes the details get fuzzy when your adrenaline gets pumping.

Back