• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast stand - part2

The stand has been supposedly objectively tested to hold his weight. He feels it won't. That's his problem, not the stands problem. And if it did bend the warranty will take care of you. And I'm sorry, but if youre flexing it to that degree, hunting should be dead last on your list of prioritys and lean meats, salads, weights and treadmills should be #1

Fair enough. Complete with multiple, obligatory references to being a bigger guy........
I appreciate his reviews not bias gives good and bad. But he ain’t wrong. Enkriss done bent two of them hahahah

The stand has been supposedly objectively tested to hold his weight. He feels it won't. That's his problem, not the stands problem. And if it did bend the warranty will take care of you. And I'm sorry, but if youre flexing it to that degree, hunting should be dead last on your list of prioritys and lean meats, salads, weights and treadmills should be #1

We have here already the report of a bent stand that upon inspection for replacement initiated a refund in lieu of replacement.

I don't know what that says about it's warranty, but if you want to tell @enkriss to go on a diet, be my guest.

I don't care what the stand supposedly objectively tested at, if it won't hold the weight functionally when users use it.

I appreciate his reviews not bias gives good and bad. But he ain’t wrong. Enkriss done bent two of them hahahah

I did the stand is a turd. They changed the bracket all ready and added a stiffener to the post.

Dan might of blamed his bow for making a noise when he pulled it back in his last video. But that was his damn creaky popping stand that made the noise…

We have here already the report of a bent stand that upon inspection for replacement initiated a refund in lieu of replacement.

I don't know what that says about it's warranty, but if you want to tell @enkriss to go on a diet, be my guest.

I don't care what the stand supposedly objectively tested at, if it won't hold the weight functionally when users use it.
Out of the endless FB posts, tons of forum reading across multiple websites, and lots of videos, nowhere is there widespread problems of the stand functionality not holding the weight. I could count on 1 hand the number of people I've seen legitimately having problems. I've definitely seen reports of noises coming from the stand for sure.
I absolutely trust enkrisses opinions, but when it comes to warranty they have always gone above and beyond for me and that overwhelmingly is the case for most users.

Out of the endless FB posts, tons of forum reading across multiple websites, and lots of videos, nowhere is there widespread problems of the stand functionality not holding the weight. I could count on 1 hand the number of people I've seen legitimately having problems. I've definitely seen reports of noises coming from the stand for sure.
I absolutely trust enkrisses opinions, but when it comes to warranty they have always gone above and beyond for me and that overwhelmingly is the case for most users.

A long time ago, there was a review of a slight fella who didn't appreciate the sponginess at the end of the stand.

Then we have a respected forum member who has a bend.

And you're bashing a "bigger" fella who doesn't appreciate the sponginess at the end of the stand.

Sorry, this ain't about salads, it's about the stand, not the user.

The end of a diving board will hold weight, but I don't want to hunt off one. It's a good observation.

Hey, I didn’t want to return the beast stand. I liked the dimensions and I could deal with the flex. Both the stands I had made creaks and pops. I filed the crap out of the teeth and got rid of most creaks. Still got some

I made it very clear I did not want to return the stand or a refund. I told them I don’t want to be out of a treestand during hunting season. I asked if I could just bend it back or them send me a new seat. They made multiple references that the stand was checked when shipped. I told them it was fine but it bent. They insisted I send the stand in for inspection and when it’s received they will inspect and we can discuss options.

I sent the stand out that day in hopes of a quick turn around. Once they received the stand they refunded me. After I already had the stand for a month and had it stealth stripped and hunt ready. They did not call or email me with options. They ignored 3 subsequent emails inquiring about the stand, why I got a refund etc… no response.

You call that good customer service? That is screwing a customer out of a treestand during season and sweeping it under the rug.

I can post all the back and forth emails. You be the judge…

For the record… I am 6’-4” tall and as of Sunday morning I am 242 lbs.

I have used my beast stand for about 10 hunts and it is the real deal for size and weight. I feel they did cheap out on a few things but in the end the nailed it for size and weight the 2 most important things.

Check this review out!
This brings nothing to the reviews/debate about the beast stand, but I really enjoyed hearing this guy complain about "not for big guys 65 times"' bla bla bla. He could never make it as a small guy. Think he would shop at the Short & Small guy store. NOT. Let him go anywhere and try on a pair of boots in size 7. Hell NOBODY stocks those, few even make'um. He should run over to Cabela's or Bass Pro and try on some hunting clothes in size small. AH crap, sorry-they don't carry those either. Mail order a jacket from First Lite if he wanted a medium jacket with shorter sleeves. I'm sure he wouldn't mind that. 275lbs.. really... that's not for big guys. Its 2 times what I need and it would still cost me the same. Nothing against big guys, Id be big to if I had a say in it. Oh and I'm still holding out for the Beast Mini stand and don't think for a minute I wont rub it in when its to small for you normal guys. LOL

Got to finally hunt out of the beast stand and had one complaint. First off I'm 5'9" 180 lb and wear size 10 boots. I felt a bit constricted with the cables keeping my feet inside the platform. I felt myself wanting to hang my feet just a bit to the outside some and cables were noticeably keeping them in.

I had no issues with sound, creaking, or anything like that. Rock solid in the tree with just one strap at the bracket.

I'm going to leave another post once I do a couple all day sits. I'm going to Indiana for a week during the rut and will be using the stand so stay tuned for honest opinion.

This brings nothing to the reviews/debate about the beast stand, but I really enjoyed hearing this guy complain about "not for big guys 65 times"' bla bla bla. He could never make it as a small guy. Think he would shop at the Short & Small guy store. NOT. Let him go anywhere and try on a pair of boots in size 7. Hell NOBODY stocks those, few even make'um. He should run over to Cabela's or Bass Pro and try on some hunting clothes in size small. AH crap, sorry-they don't carry those either. Mail order a jacket from First Lite if he wanted a medium jacket with shorter sleeves. I'm sure he wouldn't mind that. 275lbs.. really... that's not for big guys. Its 2 times what I need and it would still cost me the same. Nothing against big guys, Id be big to if I had a say in it. Oh and I'm still holding out for the Beast Mini stand and don't think for a minute I wont rub it in when its to small for you normal guys. LOL

Agreed, big guy.

Maybe you should start doing gear reviews, posting them on YouTube, and focus on the smaller statured hunter audience. Just a thought. Respectfully, not to deride, more to of a suggestion, perhaps there is an audience for these types of videos:
  • Cutting down climbing sticks to get a 8" step-to step spacing
  • Buying camo in the kids section
  • Using aiders to get into a vehicle
  • A DIY stepstool for getting onto the seat of a hang-on stand
  • Working with Hoyt/Mathews to get a custom bow: 14" draw length, 33 lb draw weight, 18" axle-to-axle, (or whatever the final specs are)
  • The benefits of using a normal tether / linemen belt as your SRT/DRT rope
  • Using a hooded sweatshirt for a sleeping bag
  • Converting a SYS Hauler into a backpack
  • A DIY tutorial for "The Banana Project": turning a banana peel into a canoe/kayak for public access

Agreed, big guy.

Maybe you should start doing gear reviews, posting them on YouTube, and focus on the smaller statured hunter audience. Just a thought. Respectfully, not to deride, more to of a suggestion, perhaps there is an audience for these types of videos:
  • Cutting down climbing sticks to get a 8" step-to step spacing
  • Buying camo in the kids section
  • Using aiders to get into a vehicle
  • A DIY stepstool for getting onto the seat of a hang-on stand
  • Working with Hoyt/Mathews to get a custom bow: 14" draw length, 33 lb draw weight, 18" axle-to-axle, (or whatever the final specs are)
  • The benefits of using a normal tether / linemen belt as your SRT/DRT rope
  • Using a hooded sweatshirt for a sleeping bag
  • Converting a SYS Hauler into a backpack
  • A DIY tutorial for "The Banana Project": turning a banana peel into a canoe/kayak for public access

That was the hardest burn I've ever seen on the internet.

I heard today.
There is gonna be a shorter beast stand made in the near or far future.
pretty good info and reliable to.

For anyone concerned about the stand flexing…

Overall I’m impressed and have no plans to sell it anytime soon. Actually ended up selling my Helo after trying this one.

dan finally responds about the noise issue. Seems to be taking the criticism well for once. Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Back