• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 11 thread

Might get out Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Just got tickets for the baseball game Friday night so probably won’t be out this weekend anymore. Weather is finally cooling off a good bit here. High for Friday is in the 50s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So farm I hunt took about 3" of rain over the last few days. Which means it's wet every where there. Lots of places have standing more than usual. Should I go tommorow or wait for it to dry up some? Normally the woods are wet, with a few kinda dry spots. One area can be a good bedding area. But I know there gonna be moving. Water will continue to go down as the creek pulls it away. Anyone have similar experience?

So farm I hunt took about 3" of rain over the last few days. Which means it's wet every where there. Lots of places have standing more than usual. Should I go tommorow or wait for it to dry up some? Normally the woods are wet, with a few kinda dry spots. One area can be a good bedding area. But I know there gonna be moving. Water will continue to go down as the creek pulls it away. Anyone have similar experience?

The water could actually work to your benefit. If there a much fewer places for bedding and food due to high water then you should have an easier time getting on deer. Unless they completely move out of the area. Just my take on it.

Depends on how much cover is left to hold deer, of you are down to a couple places that are dry bedding, I'd be certain that you had a good wind and a clean entry/exit route. If there are still numerous bedding opportunities I'd be a little more aggressive

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There is plenty of bedding around on the other properties. Corn fields still holding corn. So I think If I can find the semi dry travel way I might be able to find a cruzer. I guess I'll give it a go.

There is plenty of bedding around on the other properties. Corn fields still holding corn. So I think If I can find the semi dry travel way I might be able to find a cruzer. I guess I'll give it a go.
Does the property have oaks that are dropping on it? Even if there is water around them deer will wade for good acorns if that's the only supply

Good acorn crop this year. Almost to many. Corn fields all over. Southern Michigan farm country. But they like to move thru. So I'll find a spot.

Gotta travel a little further than usual for work tomorrow and turns out there’s a WMA right down the road from where we will be. Probably heading out there tomorrow afternoon whenever we finish up and will see what happens. Big ridge system running through the middle with a ton of smaller ridges and benches all over the place. They could be bedded just about anywhere so this will be interesting.

Gotta travel a little further than usual for work tomorrow and turns out there’s a WMA right down the road from where we will be. Probably heading out there tomorrow afternoon whenever we finish up and will see what happens. Big ridge system running through the middle with a ton of smaller ridges and benches all over the place. They could be bedded just about anywhere so this will be interesting.

Sounds like a fun afternoon

No hunting tonight. Had to come back into the city after we finished up our work up north. Don’t feel like making the hour plus trek back up their tonight. Might be able to get out Friday morning up there if I get enough chores done to please the girlfriend since we’ll be at the baseball game that night.

Back to work tomorrow so in my last hang now until Monday rolls around. Temps have dropped from the storm that passed through yesterday. Have a couple of big bucks moving through here on trail cams and had a bear climb the the hill earlier but not close enough to shoot.

It's go time! Halloween day. Deer are gonna be moving! Little breezy tomorrow. But will be okay. Wife gave me the green light to hunt the next two days here. Might even go 3 if needed. So plan to be hunting all day tomorrow and Monday. See if I can at least get us another 5. Hopefully more.

I’m hanging in one of my suburban spots tonight, but haven’t seen anything despite perfect conditions. I think we have another north wind tomorrow, which is the exact wind I need for this spot, so I will probably just leave my stuff here and be back in the morning. I only have about 15 minutes left of light. Good luck everyone, this is the time we live for all year!!!

Well, I left my platform and top two sticks in the tree with plans on hunting the same spot in the AM, however I blew out 2 different deer on the way out. Now I am unsure if I should hunt that spot in the morning now?

Did they just move on or did they know what you were.? I've kicked deer out that didn't know what I was but knew they didn't want to be around and they didn't go far.

You also said suburban hunting. They might be use to things they are not sure of. Plus it's rut time. So there could be several other deer cruzing that area.

Did they just move on or did they know what you were.? I've kicked deer out that didn't know what I was but knew they didn't want to be around and they didn't go far.
I’m not sure, I wasn’t able to see them, I just heard them blow in the distance. They were both on opposite ridges from me. I think they probably just heard the noise I was making trying to slip through the woods in the dark without my headlight on.

Back