• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Live from the saddle 2021

I left it at home. I guess I’ll just carry an extra in my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That means you will have some kind of success then. Usually when something like that happens I always figure what's the point... awhile later I'm bearing down on something to kill!!! Good luck to you sir!!

Got all the way to my spot and forgot my saddle! Hour later I’m back!
bb99f4b81d1bcad135b7aa2d0b9f06da.jpg

Lets go teammate!!

According to my trail cam there were deer under my stand at 12:30 and 1:30 today. Of coarse I didn't get there until 3:30. The only thing I saw were geese flying overhead.

According to my trail cam there were deer under my stand at 12:30 and 1:30 today. Of coarse I didn't get there until 3:30. The only thing I saw were geese flying overhead.
A for effort!!

The place I am hunting today is closed til 1 so I'm standing in the parking area for another 20 min then headed in.

3 pm edit: bumped a spike and a turkey on the way in, set up over some decent sign/crisscrossing trails then realized I'm pretty close to the orange spray line I was complaining about last time I was out here. We shall see what happens...

Last edited:
Ugh walked past a doe on the way out in the dark very close to the car after seeing nothing but squirrels at the spot I set up (on sign where deer were before.. but weren't now) How many times will I have to learn this lesson that sometimes going for a 2+ mile hike doesn't get you any closer to the deer.

Went to mass last night. Wife let me hunt today. Cool west wind. Saw nice buck at first light. Ended up downwind. Blew at me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-082751~2.png
    Screenshot_20211031-082751~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
45b4e5b524b0015118e0f3fc896b0995.jpg

Nice day yesterday in the wet NJ woods. Wind was weird and it was warm, so I stalked a bit, had a great encounter with an 8 point cruising on the same trail as me coming up the hill…we kind or ran into each other at 10 yds at 3 pm, but impossible to get a shot before he basted me. I love quiet woods. Eventually got in a tree saw a bear and a doe, but I couldn’t get a shot On The doe. Bucks are definitely moving here.

I need to venture out to some of the Sunday hunting counties, around me it's all closed or private only.

Down south our season and bag limit would blow your mind… Bow is October 15-Feb 15th, rifle opens Nov 17th through Feb 15th.. Can kill 3 bucks and 4 doe’s in my zone but can go to north zone where I have a lease and kill 4 bucks and 10 doe’s due to high density.. Hunt 7 days a week and we still don’t have a tag system.. Mississippi

Back