• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast minis vs EWO

OutOnTheFarm

I know this has been covered quite a bit, but im having trouble deciding.

Anyone side stack beast sticks? Anyone have a weight comparison?

From what I understand, the stand offs are longer on the EWO, but does one bite better?

This is just experience on the EWO stand offs on my one stick. They bite a tree like no other standoff I've ever seen and have plenty of room off the trunk. If I ever use multiple sticks I'll definitely have something with EWO standoffs on it.

I have the beast sticks now. I had the EWO sticks for a short while.

They are both very nice sticks. In the end I went with the beast sticks. To me the only benefit to the EWO is that they stand off more from the tree and you can get a little more footing on the steps. Both sticks grab great to the tree. The beast sticks have more grip for your boot on the steps and I like the angle. Finally, the thing that made me go with the beasts is that there is ZERO wiggle or movement in the steps when climbing them because of the 2 bolts. The EWO would always wiggle no matter what I did and to me that was not acceptable for how much they cost. Also the threaded bolt deal that holds the beast sticks together is flipping awesome.

So to me the beasts won. If you end up going with the beast sticks, I would highly recommend stealth stripping them. To me it is mandatory, otherwise they are like wind chimes if you accidentally knock them on something. They’re nice and quiet as long as they’re wrapped though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the beast sticks now. I had the EWO sticks for a short while.

They are both very nice sticks. In the end I went with the beast sticks. To me the only benefit to the EWO is that they stand off more from the tree and you can get a little more footing on the steps. Both sticks grab great to the tree. The beast sticks have more grip for your boot on the steps and I like the angle. Finally, the thing that made me go with the beasts is that there is ZERO wiggle or movement in the steps when climbing them because of the 2 bolts. The EWO would always wiggle no matter what I did and to me that was not acceptable for how much they cost. Also the threaded bolt deal that holds the beast sticks together is flipping awesome.

So to me the beasts won. If you end up going with the beast sticks, I would highly recommend stealth stripping them. To me it is mandatory, otherwise they are like wind chimes if you accidentally knock them on something. They’re nice and quiet as long as they’re wrapped though.

I should have asked that in my original post. I've used shikars for two years, and step wiggle is a deal breaker for me (and the reason I'm in the market again).

Glad you mentioned that.

Have both beast sticks and EWO sticks. I continue to default to my beast sticks when hunting with sticks just because of how they stack for transport. My one-sticking setups all have EWO components and I love them. After stealth tripping the stick, then installing the EWO steps, I've never had an issue with the wiggle. They are tight as hell and push the stealth strip material but they don't wiggle.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I should have asked that in my original post. I've used shikars for two years, and step wiggle is a deal breaker for me (and the reason I'm in the market again).

Glad you mentioned that.

Yeah for sure. As much as all these high end sticks cost, there’s a couple things I won’t deal with and wiggling steps is the biggest one probably.

Both are great. I stealth stripped my EWO and I don’t have any wiggle, but I’m only 147#

EWO have way more toe room on the tree. Beasts are pretty tight up against the tree. They both grip about the same. Beasts stack inline but have a taller profile.

Stacking inline is nice but late season I had a tough time with the beasts and insulated boots. Felt I was barely getting a toe on there.

I've used my EWO's on every hunt this year. I could not be more pleased.

Many times I would undo my daisy chain to find that my stick was literally stuck to the tree - literally nothing attaching it to the tree except the stand-offs.

The extra step spacing was very nice, especially as it got colder..

Packing was not an issue. I found they "stack" very nicely side-by-side.

I will say, that my steps also wiggled after my first use or two. So, I tightened them. Haven't budged and I'm 220lbs.

I have not used beast sticks, so keep that in mind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I put EWO and Beast double steps on my LW sticks and noticed they had some wiggle, I put JB Weld epoxy (semi solid) on the inside corners of the steps then tightened them to the sticks and let cure, that stopped the wigglin.

Last edited:
Back