• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Modified my mission for one sticking.

Huntingbob

Has anyone else tried one sticking by using just the platform as your stick? I’ve been testing it in the backyard and it’s not much different than a normal one stick. The only difference is you can’t set the platform in line with your tether like a one stick, you have to swing slightly to the side of the tree to avoid your tether preventing the platform from opening up. It’s seems like a good blend of comfort of the large platform and no sticks to carry. I’m also able to set it much higher on the first move because I can use the platform to help do a pull-up it the bottom of the aider. Also the aider hangs much farther from the tree which helps with foot placement.
d42d6c2655b35d5553416ef19e9d2ba2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else tried one sticking by using just the platform as your stick? I’ve been testing it in the backyard and it’s not much different than a normal one stick. The only difference is you can’t set the platform in line with your tether like a one stick, you have to swing slightly to the side of the tree to avoid your tether preventing the platform from opening up. It’s seems like a good blend of comfort of the large platform and no sticks to carry. I’m also able to set it much higher on the first move because I can use the platform to help do a pull-up it the bottom of the aider. Also the aider hangs much farther from the tree which helps with foot placement.
d42d6c2655b35d5553416ef19e9d2ba2.jpg

d8c9b1d5718b45b2eb3b524de986d7ef.jpg

This is called "no-sticking". @Cbigbear is where I first heard about it some time ago. He does it with his diy platform folded so the aider isn't so far off the tree. There's some threads of guys using the Mission this way.

Also, not sure if @Cbigbear has adopted the cam cleat or continues to run a strap. You can find his videos if you look around.

I used mine exclusively this year. I modded it a bit but more since the season is over but it's basically the same as in the pics minus a few details.

Resizer_16384020037654~2.jpg
Resizer_16384020037652.jpg

I use a predator or a solo scout. Both work well for this. I can’t bring myself to carry sticks from the garage to the truck….much less from truck on!

I use a predator or a solo scout. Both work well for this. I can’t bring myself to carry sticks from the garage to the truck….much less from truck on!

yep, I believe @Red Beard covered the scout no-stick well.

This year will be the year of the climbing platform, but the purpose built no-stick platform will have it's day soon enough I think.

Looks like a Kifaru belt...what's the pack?
Eberlestock M1 with stock belt...I love the frame and I made a slick attachment method for my Mission since the pic. The panels can be completely customized for multiple setups and individual needs, it's just a great pack for saddle hunting imo. I recently added Eberlestock padded belt but I haven't had the chance to hike with it in the mtn yet. Initial impression wasn't that great. I regret not jumping on Kifaru's 20% off sale and at least getting my hands on a duplex belt.

Eberlestock M1 with stock belt...I love the frame and I made a slick attachment method for my Mission since the pic. The panels can be completely customized for multiple setups and individual needs, it's just a great pack for saddle hunting imo. I recently added Eberlestock padded belt but I haven't had the chance to hike with it in the mtn yet. Initial impression wasn't that great. I regret not jumping on Kifaru's 20% off sale and at least getting my hands on a duplex belt.

That looks smart.

I just got my Duplex Frame. I haven't messed with it yet. But, their Omni belt is pretty amazing imo.

I’ve been no sticking on a ridge runner for a couple years now. I tried with my mission but didn’t like how far my steps were from the tree. I may need to try again!

I thought about doing this but had concerns the cam cleat might not be rated for the types of loads this would put on it. Specially when camming it down. My EDP takes some crazy force if I toe cam it.

I was set on doing it and then ran into a few threads on here that raised concerns about it and I went a different direction.

Looks like you haven’t had any issues though so maybe I’ll revisit.

Awesome setup.

Will you be doing this method again next year?

Thanks. Yeah I'm pretty sure this is how I'll be hunting for awhile. Although I've been contemplating adding a .5 for SRT presets but I'm not sure if it would be worth it for me yet.

One of the threads on the topic. That one is using a solo scout, but same concept.

Back