• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr going Retail

GeoFish

SH Member
I wonder how this is going to work.
With the price of a Seeker at $195.00 and with a 15% to 25% discount this weekend, what is Cruzr cost for a Seeker?
Is their enough gross profit for Cruzr and the retailer?
Will the retail price of Cruzr products increase?
How much GP does a retailer need to make?

Dealer Application – CRÜZR Dealer Portal (cruzr.shop)

I wonder if as you mentioned the production on their yet to be released sticks will be high for this reason? Interesting.

If anybody is ever in north fla Jax area there are 2 places u can get wood saddles
Yes sir we are in Green Acres sporting goods and will be in Callie Kay’s again this year…. And of course Eastern Woods Outdoors… While retail stores are becoming less and less popular, I think it’s great for people to be able to see the products in person or even try them out before they make a choice. Let’s face it, saddle hunting is not a cheap hobby to take up

Yes sir we are in Green Acres sporting goods and will be in Callie Kay’s again this year…. And of course Eastern Woods Outdoors… While retail stores are becoming less and less popular, I think it’s great for people to be able to see the products in person or even try them out before they make a choice. Let’s face it, saddle hunting is not a cheap hobby to take up
Dude. I have saved so much money selling my ladder stands and buying one saddle setup. What do you mean it's not cheap?
download (4).jpeg

Dude. I have saved so much money selling my ladder stands and buying one saddle setup. What do you mean it's not cheap?
View attachment 66036
:sweatsmile:The sarcasm is strong in this one…. Lol
Not cheap comparatively. Comparatively being a single stand versus a single saddle set up. You could go to academy and get a winning metal hang on for $49.99, and a 3 pack of 30” sticks for $69.99. At that point you’re hunting for $120. I’ve yet to see a saddle with climbing method and platform/ROS for that price. Closest I’ve seen would be if you bought a hawk saddle kit and a single helium stick with their version of a one stick. You’d still end up north of $300.
by comparison though if you were setting multiple climbers or ladder stands, a single mobile saddle kit would win out the day.

Can I ask if Green Acres put their normal 1000% markup on them or keeping them at your price point. Not being a d*** but they are robbing local sportsman.

Can I ask if Green Acres put their normal 1000% markup on them or keeping them at your price point. Not being a d*** but they are robbing local sportsman.
I’m not sure. I think they are gonna use our suggested retail price

They followed hawk and xop’s suggested price so hopefully they will follow ours or at least stay close to it

Reactions: GMJ
comparing saddles to stands, i'd go for a similar quality comparison and include a decent safety harness, safety strap, and lineman's in there (a muddy harness is half the cost of a saddle)

Thanks to the internet, if that's the case, it wouldn't take much to discover you can get them cheaper at:

Then, what's the benefit of buying retail? You walk out with the product. For some companies, there are long waits for a saddle. We've even got a thread titled "Anyone receive a (brand name) saddle lately?" So, you have try and buy assurance with the retail model.

But if you have the time to wait, maybe that trip to Green Acres puts you in a saddle you really like but want some small thing customized, something a company like Wood Hunting Saddles would likely do for you.

What sucks is there isn't yet even any (that I know of) retail stores that sell more than a few brands of saddles. If it weren't for saddlehunter.com classifieds....... :eek:

Retailers with all the saddle brands and stores close-by is a pipe dream right now, but that would be the cats azz.

But the retail deal can still be pretty helpful. I've got two Wood Hunting Saddles I'm trying to decide between for this season and like them both a lot so it's a tuff call which I'll go with this season.

Green Acres is your friend, you just don't know it.

P.S. I got my Wood Hunting Saddles shipped fast.

comparing saddles to stands, i'd go for a similar quality comparison and include a decent safety harness, safety strap, and lineman's in there (a muddy harness is half the cost of a saddle)

A lot of stand companies provide a full body safety harness with the stand. I guess it would depend there.

They followed hawk and xop’s suggested price so hopefully they will follow ours or at least stay close to it
That’s good. I’m just going off personal experience with that store. I will go check one of your saddles out there but that would be the only reason to go there. I believe in local businesses but Jack and his sons try to make all their profits off of each and every customer. When ammo got scarce they had 22mag for 85$ a box. Told me enough

Well…. Unless Cruzr starts outsourcing to China like Tethrd and Latitude I highly doubt they will be able to get into retail.

Back