• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Poll - Do you think you'll be more or less successful this year over last?

Will you have a more successful season this year over 2021?

• Yes, because...

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No, because...

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
More, just because I tend to be an eternal optimist but I do have some logical rationale built into it. My saddle and climbing systems are pretty much tweaked, I’ve identified more buck rut travel corridors, I’ve begun to incorporate cell trail cams into my scouting and surveillance routine, and with the online help of @OspreyZB with his spotting scope expertise, I’m hopefull to target a few more shooters over the next couple of months to set up on.
I predicted more success last year as well and although I didn’t kill the target booner buck I was after ( someone else did on a nearby property as this buck turned out to be a slave to his biological pro-creation tendencies), I did go in to a new location on state land on property l had scouted the spring before and one sticked up and arrowed a decent little meat 8 pointer on a creek crossing littered with rubs and a beaten down cow path. Last year my primary goal was to kill the target buck on the private piece I typically hunt, but my secondary goal was just going in on public and harvesting a buck, which I did.

More. Why would I ever immediately think this year would be worse than the previous? Confidence in one's ability is important.

Exactly. If you said no, you're already beaten. Can't scout.....lol....that's funny.
Just hunt and stop thinking every little detail has to be perfect. Any thoughts beyond that are unnecessary. You'll quickly stop getting any enjoyment from going.

Now that quotas are released and I am starting to see how the seasons gonna pan out I say definetly better than last.....archery is balls to the wall with 2, 3 day public land hunts and possibly 2 private invites.....2, 3 day hunts in muzzleloader.....nothing gun season yet but with quota reissues I get another shot to draw a hunt in Nov.....I always got the military base as a backup....shaping up to be a good 1

I would love to say yes....but...last year didn't get to hunt much due to bad shoulder injury and wife having major surgery. This year still questionable due to the fact I'm still not healed completely and being that I missed almost 7 months of work my saving took a big hit so work will have to take the front seat. Still hopefull though!

Yes because #1 I have more trees prepped. And #2 I believe I will get to hunt more. #3 Last year I didn't get in range of many bucks.

I do think I will be more successful this season because I'm in my third year of hunting public land and way more comfortable with where to go and how to hunt it. (And no you don't have to hike 2 miles in looking for meat. A mature buck? Maybe, but I'm not convinced of that either.)

I made the decision 3 years ago to wean myself off of private land that I've been hunting 98% of my hunting life. The reason is the land owner is aging and I could see where the property could be sold at any time. If that happened, I knew it would take more than a season to learn any new property whether it be public or private, so I took this as an opportunity to expand my skill set. It has made me a much better hunter, and I love exploring new spots!

Back