• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Sladder… ABSOLUTE BEST Climbing method

It'd be interesting to place all the climbing methods within a 3D graph with 1 axis speed, 2nd quietness, and 3rd safety.....a 4th axis might be flexibility (can you get in any tree?) but that would make things harder to visualize.

I'm currently maximizing quietness, safety, and flexibility the best I can using a slow method (12 strap on steps).

I would rate them different.
Safety.
Flexibility tree type and all weather conditions.
Quietness.
Weight.
But we all have different priorities. Heck I started tree stand hunting before a full body safety harness and what is a linesman rope?

I would rate them different.
Safety.
Flexibility tree type and all weather conditions.
Quietness.
Weight.
But we all have different priorities. Heck I started tree stand hunting before a full body safety harness and what is a linesman rope?

i remember hanging off trees with one arm while screwing in steps with the other

it was a pain when i was half my current age!

Wonder if it would be possible to use this method efficiently with a rappel/tether system when making the secondary moves. Have thought of using a system like this to ditch the single stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if it would be possible to use this method efficiently with a rappel/tether system when making the secondary moves. Have thought of using a system like this to ditch the single stick.

I’ve thought of trying it but one of the great things about this system is the use of the lineman’s loop and not having to wiggle the tether up the tree. I do think the tether is safer as you will likely not slide far but also there is no slack in your lineman’s loop with this method if done correctly, so in the event of a fall, you won’t have the sudden jolt from the tether slack. I’ll give it a try though and post a video of it.

FYI, new close up video available:

I am curious about this method but have questions about how best to go around branches with it.

I’ll do a video of this. Some good questions coming up!

Thanks! My standard method is using my rappel rope as my tether so I apologize if I wasn’t clear. My main questions revolve around the installation of my platform at height while also attaching the rappel/tether. I would definitely like to order ahead of this hunting season so I can practice before archery opens up

My current setup will be with a mini platform utilizing cranford steps around the sides to give maneuverability around the tree. This looks like a lightweight setup which definitely would improve my hike in on Public Land

Thanks! My standard method is using my rappel rope as my tether so I apologize if I wasn’t clear. My main questions revolve around the installation of my platform at height while also attaching the rappel/tether. I would definitely like to order ahead of this hunting season so I can practice before archery opens up

I'm working on getting these produced. Not sure yet how soon it will be, but I'm working on it.

My current setup will be with a mini platform utilizing cranford steps around the sides to give maneuverability around the tree. This looks like a lightweight setup which definitely would improve my hike in on Public Land

Working on something for this as well but my main goal right now is to get the Sladder into production. I have several ideas for improvements and additions.

Tagging in
Will absolutely buy if this is just as safe no more difficult or time consuming or only moderately more difficult and time consuming to use than climbing sticks.
Will be looking for updates constantly.

The Sladder Climbing System will be available soon for pre-order. Please be sure to click the “Notify When Available” button and add your email address.

Will you be updating site with specs? weight of the sladder, weight ratings, distance between steps, etc.

Back