• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What did you do today that’s related to saddle hunting?

Tried scouting a public hunt zone today, basically only discovered spots where the nearby locals have been cutting paths in with small tractors and running atvs in an out. Deer corn bags everywhere. Really dont want my tires getting cut by some good ol boy on a county road this season. Dont know where im going to hunt this year since our lease got sold off to a developer to put a 1500 home subdivision on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tried scouting a public hunt zone today, basically only discovered spots where the nearby locals have been cutting paths in with small tractors and running atvs in an out. Deer corn bags everywhere. Really dont want my tires getting cut by some good ol boy on a county road this season. Dont know where im going to hunt this year since our lease got sold off to a developer to put a 1500 home subdivision on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I feel for you. This is the exact reason why I made the switch to public land. I didn't do it because it was the 'trendy' thing to do. If you don't own your own land it can be sold leaving you with no where to go. If you do own your own land you have to work it. (I'm not afraid of work. I'm just a little too arthritic to be cutting trees and plowing fields.) It takes a few years (and a lot of gas) to get the gist of public land because it is a totally different game, but it's a lot of fun embracing the challenge. Hope you find something soon.

Shot my bow last night... confirmed zero out to 30 yards with my new single-pin. I had to buy a new target as my old Black Hole target developed a soft center, which I discovered after I spontaneously disassembled an arrow on the ground behind the target after after centerpunching it. Robin-hooded another arrow - down to 3 of my old 400-spine practice shafts, so I got some Beman White Box practice arrows to stay current with while I'm developing my 'real' arrows.

Cleared some items off the honeydo list so I can start assembling my RF-inspired 'arrow handload' process tonight.

Gotten my bow mostly tuned I think. Have all the usual suspects shooting with field points at 20. Going to have to go to my shop to stretch it out any further, but arrows seem to be flying real good.

77b3c267e72f46f2017d0d064a8f069c.jpg

Put out trail cameras and dyed a bunch of old faded camo shirts.

Got a new hunting hat in today. My sister got me a gift card for Filson so I splurged on a Tin cloth packer hat. This should help keep the rain off my noggin. Anyone have one of these?
I don’t have a Filson but do have a Stetson wool crusher. Best money I’ve ever spent on hunting gear. I wear it for both deer and duck hunting.

Bored at work.....u guys think a small bracket that u can attach to the trunk be useful? I'm gonna bolts on a versa button and I also got a boat cleat to mess with. Jerry's double stirrup and a multistep aider and 3 or 4 of those little guys seems pretty easy.... Flip it around and u could use to climb or just make a toe hold....nest together for easy transport.... Stealth strip would keep from metal 2 meatal....Screenshot_20220727-165954~2.pngScreenshot_20220727-171253~2.pngScreenshot_20220727-165918~2.pngScreenshot_20220727-165940~2.pngScreenshot_20220727-165724~2.pngScreenshot_20220727-165733~2.png

I don't know....I play around with them and maybe useful

What kinda weight are they? That's a really interesting idea you had. I'll be following to see what your thoughts are

So your wife makes you hang them up in the garage too? I haven’t killed and wallhangers but mine is already trying to tell me I can’t put them in the living room or bedroom because she doesn’t want to look at dead animals eveeyday.
She was weirded out by the idea of "dead animals" being in the house lol. It was something looking back on that I did an absolute crap job of pre-marriage ironing out. Originally ticked me off but honestly now I kind of like it. I probably see them more in the garage than I would in my bow room in the house. The most recent one was actually inside for a little bit while the kids checked it out so we're taking baby steps. Just need my boy to eventually kill one he wants mounted and encourage him to ask for it to be in his room :tearsofjoy:

Back