• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd One Sticks Gen 2

Interesting that the main site doesn't show the recall. You have to know the link to it

According to the notice there's potentially 7749 sticks in the market. Mine are in the 5000 range.

I pulled the brakes on sending mine back as noted earlier. I do have other sticks that I could use if needed.

What I'm curious about the most is how many failed? One? One in five over hundred sampled? Is this a total hair fire or more a cover our ass situation.

All I want is better communication. It's all I really expect out of anyone or business. Just tell me *** is going on. If my dinner is an hour late cause your cook walked out and the bartender is cooking I get it.

I saw a link to the recall at the top of the main website page (banner on top).

I saw a link to the recall at the top of the main website page (banner on top).

You are correct, I closed it via the X at one point and it doesnt show after that. Good website functionality design but I'm not sure id do it here. Id probably want that to punch you in the face but that whole PR thing always gets in the way. Thats not a dig on them either, every company spins in this situation.

To be crystal clear Im not mad either. Maybe a hair disappointed, I did wait for gen 2 assuming stuff was ironed out. However my career is lucrative enough and I have my house in order enough that this doesnt set me back for five minutes. If I had to save up $400 to get these three sticks id probably feel it in my soul. There was MULTIPLE points in my life these wouldve never been an option. I lost $5000 on an options gamble in the stock market last year. You wanna talk about a kick in the teeth!

Ok guys… keep in mind I don’t own the Tethrd sticks. I’ve seen the gen 1’s a couple times but have never seen or touched the gen 2’s…. As a guy who spends a lot of time re engineering things that engineers engineer (looks good on paper right?) I was thinking on the top stick breaking and I wonder if….. rather than a bad batch of material or even cheap Chinese workmanship… if memory serves me right, to help tighten the top step, they added a plug that was essentially forced in the end to prevent wobble. If nothing else changed on the step construction and knowing what I know about a)dissimilar metals and b) how metal expands and contracts in hot and cold environments….
Is it possible that the plug in the end of the titanium causing the flare is expanding and since titanium is stronger than aluminum, perhaps the expansion of the plug and tube flare, are creating the extra stress and causing the top step to crack???? Maybe this is just misuse of material or an engineering flaw, not necessarily a craftsmanship or batch flaw? Any metal work professionals (welders or fabricators) want to chime in. Sorry guys instead of bashing them, I’d rather help solve the issue so that all of you can get the lightweight stick you want and deserve…..

For the record, I dont deserve anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90%+ of our forum members wouldn’t know what saddle hunting was if it weren’t for Tethrd. They did not invent saddle hunting but they absolutely are responsible for explosion of interest over the past four years. Most of the other saddle hunting companies rose to success because Tethrd paved the way.

I own a set of gen2 sticks and I’m NOT happy with this recall but this General bashing of the company is childish and quite comical.

Last edited:
90%+ of our forum members wouldn’t know what saddle hunting is if it weren’t for Tethrd. They did not invent saddle hunting but they absolutely are responsible for explosion of interest over the past four years. Most of the other saddle hunting companies rose to success because Tethrd paved the way.

I own a set of gen2 sticks and I’m NOT happy with this recall but this General bashing of the company quite c̶o̶m̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ enjoyable.
Fixed it for you

90%+ of our forum members wouldn’t know what saddle hunting was if it weren’t for Tethrd. They did not invent saddle hunting but they absolutely are responsible for explosion of interest over the past four years. Most of the other saddle hunting companies rose to success because Tethrd paved the way.

I own a set of gen2 sticks and I’m NOT happy with this recall but this General bashing of the company quite comical.

1. I think it sucks that they're having a problem with the sticks. Not because I give two hoots about the company or history, but folks built plans and systems around the sticks and it's a wrench in what they're trying to do until it gets ironed out.

2. I wonder if 90% isn't an exaggeration. The Tethrd team were members here first, how many others were as well, before they formed the company. I know I certainly knew and looked into saddlehunting prior to joining, and I joined well after Tethrd was a thing. How many are like me?

3. I do appreciate Tethrd "stepping out on a limb", but they did so when the environment was ripe. They didn't invent saddle hunting, a specific genre of saddle, saddle platforms, sticks....Mobile hunting was taking off with Youtube, social media, idea sharing forums at the time. I don't know they are owed as much as folks tend to present, a lot of what they've brought to market started with ideas shared openly here.

1. I think it sucks that they're having a problem with the sticks. Not because I give two hoots about the company or history, but folks built plans and systems around the sticks and it's a wrench in what they're trying to do until it gets ironed out.

2. I wonder if 90% isn't an exaggeration. The Tethrd team were members here first, how many others were as well, before they formed the company. I know I certainly knew and looked into saddlehunting prior to joining, and I joined well after Tethrd was a thing. How many are like me?

3. I do appreciate Tethrd "stepping out on a limb", but they did so when the environment was ripe. They didn't invent saddle hunting, a specific genre of saddle, saddle platforms, sticks....Mobile hunting was taking off with Youtube, social media, idea sharing forums at the time. I don't know they are owed as much as folks tend to present, a lot of what they've brought to market started with ideas shared openly here.

I mean….if you really want to get down to it they just started making a non-DIY Klemz platform and copied the AH Kite and just got to market quicker. They didn’t invent anything except their own hype train, which you really have to give them credit for.

Other than that they copied what other ppl were doing on this board and still managed to screw it up. The platforms broke and the mantis is arguable the most uncomfortable production saddle on the market. If it weren’t for the fact that they were “one of the guys” they would have been ran out of town right out of the gate. Now the sticks are breaking and there are still people defending them like “saddle hunting community” owes their lives to them.

90%+ of our forum members wouldn’t know what saddle hunting was if it weren’t for Tethrd. They did not invent saddle hunting but they absolutely are responsible for explosion of interest over the past four years.
Archery talk here we come.
Seems like one begets the other. So who's responsible?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Archery talk here we come.

Come on now. If you disagree, at least make an argument. What I understand of AT is that it's just shots fired.

This alarm may not be as bad as it seems.

1. We don't know the extent of the issue, as well other very successful companies have had recalls
2. Lightweight sticks are so important that some intend NOT to send them back
3. Some people trust Tethrd so much that they intend NOT to send them back

It's just a bit forgetful to remind us of the history of saddle hunting's recent popularity with disregard to the company's track record, which is largely why the thread has taken the tone it has.

Come on now. If you disagree, at least make an argument. What I understand of AT is that it's just shots fired.

This alarm may not be as bad as it seems.

1. We don't know the extent of the issue, as well other very successful companies have had recalls
2. Lightweight sticks are so important that some intend NOT to send them back
3. Some people trust Tethrd so much that they intend NOT to send them back

It's just a bit forgetful to remind us of the history of saddle hunting's recent popularity with disregard to the company's track record, which is largely why the thread has taken the tone it has.

See comments (not arguments) above, nothing further to add on the topic. Casual observation of a content rich forum spiraling into whatever this is causes concern but it’s been the inevitable cycle of every hunting forum over the years.

See comments (not arguments) above, nothing further to add on the topic. Casual observation of a content rich forum spiraling into whatever this is causes concern but it’s been the inevitable cycle of every hunting forum over the years.

That's too bad then, that the forum that gave Tethrd their platform is the one that is doing them harm.

I'm just not getting that et tu, brute feel. More like they shot themselves in the foot.

But, as I've said, we don't really know how this will play out.

Back