• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd One Sticks Gen 2

The issue is not to be an and complain about Tethrd and every company that makes something we don’t like or this issue of 1 stick that broke…we are all grown men not children.
FYI it is impossible to die or fall to the ground when you are tethrd in while climbing so not sure why everyone thinks they are going to die if a stick or platform fails.
As for AT the arguing and hating never stops, this should be a forum where we can learn and enjoy being here not listening to everyone complaining.
I know I’m just a Tethrd fanboy…

Careful there, we have female members who don't complain anymore than the men (less than many).

And I doubt many tether in while climbing on sticks.

And we know the danger of fall factors, don't we.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archery talk here we come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha this is why I always blame me/us/we/you for being silly. Never whomever is being blamed for a problem. I never have to choose sides, I am always on the wrong side with company. Can’t get mad at a feller yellin at himself!

The issue is not to be an and complain about Tethrd and every company that makes something we don’t like or this issue of 1 stick that broke…we are all grown men not children.
FYI it is impossible to die or fall to the ground when you are tethrd in while climbing so not sure why everyone thinks they are going to die if a stick or platform fails.
As for AT the arguing and hating never stops, this should be a forum where we can learn and enjoy being here not listening to everyone complaining.

You can get seriously messed up from a stick breaking like that. If you think only one stick breaking led to a recall you are crazy.

The issue is not to be an woman and complain...

...this should be a forum where we can learn and enjoy being here...

To achieve your admirable and agreeable second thought it might help to not phrase things like in your first. You might also consider expanding your definition of "we".

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Here's a positive to come out of this:

Tethrd showed the hunting industry that people will pay a silly amount of money for ultra light weight hunting gear. Same with LWCG and HB with their sticks and stands.

Look at just the second drafts of their stuff, and several other companies coming in.

Lots of warts. Lots of misses. But there's enough incentive for people to keep innovating. We're gonna see some cool stuff. And you will be able to get good deals on lightly used stuff that will make your hunting experience more enjoyable.

Hard to quantify. But significant wealth and value have and are being created.

One thing I found interesting is Dan's approach to stand and sticks. The sticks seem to be overbuilt, and right down the middle on the concept. The stand seems to be as light as it can be for the dimension. One item gets used in a very dynamic way, with many unknown forces acting in many different components and directions. One just sits there holding up dead weight, mostly.

Interesting which one is overbuilt, and which one is underbuilt...

Here's a positive to come out of this:

Tethrd showed the hunting industry that people will pay a silly amount of money for ultra light weight hunting gear. Same with LWCG and HB with their sticks and stands.

Look at just the second drafts of their stuff, and several other companies coming in.

Lots of warts. Lots of misses. But there's enough incentive for people to keep innovating. We're gonna see some cool stuff. And you will be able to get good deals on lightly used stuff that will make your hunting experience more enjoyable.

Hard to quantify. But significant wealth and value have and are being created.

One thing I found interesting is Dan's approach to stand and sticks. The sticks seem to be overbuilt, and right down the middle on the concept. The stand seems to be as light as it can be for the dimension. One item gets used in a very dynamic way, with many unknown forces acting in many different components and directions. One just sits there holding up dead weight, mostly.

Interesting which one is overbuilt, and which one is underbuilt...

I agree. It is interesting. I wonder though if it's more of a factor of the design technology he's had at the time of making them, and the market demanding even more ultralight products. A few years between the two. And the competition at the time was...

I gotta be honest, I like those guys as people, especially since I interacted with all of them here before the business explosion, but the "radio silence" is pretty bothersome, and I tend to agree with this statement.
Probably a few legal issues that need ironing out before information can be divulged.
may be a case or two against them.
who knows but they probably cant say much til **** is hashed out

1. I think it sucks that they're having a problem with the sticks. Not because I give two hoots about the company or history, but folks built plans and systems around the sticks and it's a wrench in what they're trying to do until it gets ironed out.

2. I wonder if 90% isn't an exaggeration. The Tethrd team were members here first, how many others were as well, before they formed the company. I know I certainly knew and looked into saddlehunting prior to joining, and I joined well after Tethrd was a thing. How many are like me?

3. I do appreciate Tethrd "stepping out on a limb", but they did so when the environment was ripe. They didn't invent saddle hunting, a specific genre of saddle, saddle platforms, sticks....Mobile hunting was taking off with Youtube, social media, idea sharing forums at the time. I don't know they are owed as much as folks tend to present, a lot of what they've brought to market started with ideas shared openly here.
Agreed 100%. I never got that.
the guys are or seem to be good dudes but have definitely changed their personality tunes in the last few years.
i get the smug condescending type vibe when one of the main two talk or explain something.
its a shame when financial things change people in that way.
this may not be the case but just the vibe i get.
i know they are on a ton of fb groups promoting

When you buy 3 or 4 sticks to use to climb and set a platform you are not tethered in . Most will use a linesman rope and should a step fail it sure wouldn't be good. When you buy a product you shouldn't have to worry if it's going to fail. I like Tethrd I have Skeletor stick and my favorite saddle is my ESS but that has nothing to do with a stick failing and someone getting hurt.

There is some old-timey wisdom hope you don't mind being injected goes as

Grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

:)

Old time wisdom is the best.

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per post 315, 7749 sticks. If they were all sold in 3 packs that's 2583 customers.
I think Tethrd is going to be busy for a while.
You have some protection with your payment method, credit card.

When you buy 3 or 4 sticks to use to climb and set a platform you are not tethered in . Most will use a linesman rope and should a step fail it sure wouldn't be good. When you buy a product you shouldn't have to worry if it's going to fail. I like Tethrd I have Skeletor stick and my favorite saddle is my ESS but that has nothing to do with a stick failing and someone getting hurt.

yeah, i'm fully tethered and lineman's'adidadid onto the tree when climbing, and I definitely don't want something breaking on me when i least expect it

there are other concerns other than death, like maybe tearing up your leg really good because of a stick

i'm not a drag queen, but i do like my beautiful legs in one piece

Per post 315, 7749 sticks. If they were all sold in 3 packs that's 2583 customers.
I think Tethrd is going to be busy for a while.
You have some protection with your payment method, credit card.
:tearsofjoy: They are not scammers, every one that purchased ONE sticks received those sticks not a empty box.
Also they had a recall, they didn’t just disappear out of thin air, I’m sure they are busy.
Credit card… Really? If you don’t own anything from Tethrd and bash them every time you read a post about their stuff should I really take advice from you in how to deal with their products or customer service? Every time I have ever dealt with them they have been great with there customer service…

The OP started this thread excited when he received his gen 2s & then has transitioned into a frustrated support group for most of those same purchasers. Of course Tethrd is going to get some lighting rod haters in response to the spotlight they point at their brand. Take your own advice, learn & grow from this forum without turning it into AT.

Back