• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

RC

kbetts

SH Member
That's what I knew him by early in my trad career. I now know him as Robert Carter. If you don't know who he is, check out his YouTube and particularly his podcast with stickboys.

I listened/watched him some last night. Not sure how to describe him besides "refreshing". There are hunters and there are killers, he is a true killer.

His broadhead talk should be stickyed to the top of the trad/compound/xbow forums. His outlook makes me laugh at the guys posting threads about "what broadhead".

Oh, yes, I have been binging RC's videos and also Chris Spikes and of course Warren Womack's videos.

I watch a lot of his video. Very no nonsense guy with down to earth view. He DID tricked me with a clickbait once! Title of the video was 'whats the best longbow for you'. Turn out the whole video was him bragging about all the nice bows he has!

Any guy that's tagging out with a stickbow, on the ground, year after year, has my respect. I mean 12 deer ground kills in what, three weeks? Skills.
The sly way he talks about him and his buddies "working'em over" makes me chuckle. Lots of bodies hitting the leaves with zero fluff. You hunt with that crew and you'd better have a kill kit.

Any guy that's tagging out with a stickbow, on the ground, year after year, has my respect. I mean 12 deer ground kills in what, three weeks? Skills.
The sly way he talks about him and his buddies "working'em over" makes me chuckle. Lots of bodies hitting the leaves with zero fluff. You hunt with that crew and you'd better have a kill kit.
Why people(that want to be good bowhunters) flock to and put so much stock into guys like ranch fairy when they could be learning from RC and Warren is beyond me.

Why people(that want to be good bowhunters) flock to and put so much stock into guys like ranch fairy when they could be learning from RC and Warren is beyond me.

Instant gratification. We're all guilty of it in certain area. One guy is offering great easy results with a simple to understand concept, 'GO HEAVY!', the other guy is telling you that its a 'real challenge, you got to put in the work, there is no magic formula, etc'. Some people want to be cool bowhunter, not good hunter.

I'm happy taking baby steps!

I don't mind the Ranch Fairy but I get it, he grates on some, grins on others' its all good. He's a bowhunter too. Lovin' the Stickboys' stuff.
Yeah that probably came across more derogatory that I intended for it too. The point in my mind was Troy promotes an arrow setup that he believes in and has done a good bit of testing on shooting mostly deer and hogs on feeders. I have exactly zero problem with any part of that, went to Texas a few weeks back and shot hogs on feeders myself and it was super fun and re-stocked the freezer. The difference though is RC and Warren are about sharing what works and what it takes to be consistently successful as a bowhunter, not just an arrow setup. Their opinions are backed up by significant body counts and years of field experience.

The Stickboys are putting out a lot of great content imo. Esp, when they have Alan and Nathan on. Two more guys with years of field experience and buckets of filled tags.

Last edited:
That's what I knew him by early in my trad career. I now know him as Robert Carter. If you don't know who he is, check out his YouTube and particularly his podcast with stickboys.

I listened/watched him some last night. Not sure how to describe him besides "refreshing". There are hunters and there are killers, he is a true killer.

His broadhead talk should be stickyed to the top of the trad/compound/xbow forums. His outlook makes me laugh at the guys posting threads about "what broadhead".

Found him last year. Some great videos from a man that loves the Lord.

Back