• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Longer Bridge or Longer Tether?

bigbuck247

I feel like maybe I have been approaching my tether and bridge lengths wrong. When I have been setting up I have tightened my bridge really tight and lengthened my tether but after watching several videos from trophyline I feel like they all have really short tethers and the bridge loosened up/longer. Any opinions one way or another? I'm hunting out of a trophyline covert lite.

I am very new to saddles, but what I have noticed is the shorter bridge gives more hip pinch.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

My tether girth hitches the tree about forehead height when standing on my platform. My bridge at its apex is about my forearms length away from my body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very new to saddles, but what I have noticed is the shorter bridge gives more hip pinch.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I am in this camp as someone who has worn a saddle twice. I prefer elongating the bridge vs the tether and I’m only commenting to follow as I’m hoping someOne with experience hops on and either confirms or corrects the notion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a secondary bridge for rappelling and have tried to just hang from it. It definitely pinches more than the longer main. My tether length and set heights vary a little as I am still tweaking. When sitting with my knees against the tree, my knees are bend at about a 90 degree angle, when I’m most comfy.
Hip pinch can also be influenced by the belit and what it’s up against. As an example, I moved this clip used to hold my platform, from the side to center rear again…..I could feel the clip.
B169C5CD-9310-48FB-BB61-4B92DA2FA672.jpeg

I got a chance to try mine out some more yesterday and I like the longer bridge and shorter tether for sure. I kept my prusik about 6" from the tree mostly and with that length by bridge was able to adjust to any angle I needed. After trying a non adjustable bridge saddle vs my new adjustable bridge the adjustable bridge is a must have in my opinion for those of you contemplating modifying your bridge set up or getting a new saddle.

I always run my tether as short as I can get it. Then adjust the bridge from there to find your comfort level. Tether height is more of the angle you want the bridge to pull from if that makes sense.

Back