• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TEAM 1 THREAD

As far as new stuff just purchased a mid layer puffy jacket to test this year.

I have a pair of kings camo pants with knee pads, but I'm in the market for another set with knee pads you guys with will have to keep me updated on how you like your new pants.

Also, finished up my new arrows this morning. Black Eagle Rampage, 300 spine, 100 grain insert and 150 grain Kudu or VPA 3 blade. 530 ish TAW.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220920-210658_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220920-210658_Gallery.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 9
I'm trying a heavier arrow setup and trying the QAD exodus swept 125s.
I bought a method 2 panel last year and may try some, but I still love my Cruzr XC.
I bought some FL catalyst bibs and jacket for mid season for some versatility when I cover a lot of ground, wanted the full zips.
Also got the Nat gear windproof fleece hoodie and an Asbell wool pathfinder for later in the season
Oh snap. I really wanted an Asbell Pathfinder for this season. Still hasn't happened though. How do you like it? Warm? Think it'll get you through the 30s?

Oh snap. I really wanted an Asbell Pathfinder for this season. Still hasn't happened though. How do you like it? Warm? Think it'll get you through the 30s?
Yeah I'm stoked to wear it. I think ill be good into the 30's fo sho just not sure about windy conditions and how I want to layer with it yet. I think it'll be a layer ill have for years

I was out this morning scouting hard. Some of my red oaks that had good deer sign 2 weeks ago have zero deer sign. Located some fresh dropping white oaks and the ground is littered with deer sign. It amazes me every year that in 1-2 weeks how fast they can find new food and switch and if you are not on it you will lose out. Still have not located what I believe is a "great" early season buck spot though. Will continue searching old and new areas but at this point I will focus on getting 5 points with a nice doe and worry about the rest later.

Will be on vacation from Saturday-Saturday so I'll be MIA. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and look forward to getting in a tree the day after we return. The plane ride home will not go fast enough.

827CEBB0-CEC5-4C1C-94D9-9CCC308E96A7.jpegD798F162-66D4-4053-8F7C-59D264E6EDCC.jpegThe 20 degree temperature drop was on!! Team 1on the board! Saw 2 small bucks and several does. This was the biggest of them! Shot her at 19 yards. She ran 50+ yards into the corn and dropped!36678FF6-8BAC-4C5E-8E8A-042249EA5DDC.jpeg

Last edited:
I pulled out my binos to check a deer I saw on a hillside 500 yards away and noticed the deer standing 70 yards from me lol. Fed my way to about 45 but changed directions. Mom and fawn walked past me from the other direction at under ten yards. They get a pass from me. All before 7:30 pretty good start.

Back