• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New member from Maryland

Shapeshifter

SH Member
Hey guys, just wanted to to say hello to the fellow hunters out there. Special shout out to my fellow Marylanders. I been hunting central Maryland for the past 30 years. 28 of the those years were spent hunting out of a Lone Wolf climber. This will be my second full year hunting out of a saddle. I'm really enjoying the versatility of saddle hunting, so much that I didn't hunt out my climber one time last season. I'm hunting out of a Cruzer saddle, Predator platform along with 2 rings of steps from Treehopper. I'm using 3 Hawk mini with a Knaider and Swaider and new for this year I'm repelling down. Anyways I really I'm looking forward to being able to get advice and ideas from all the veteran saddle hunters on this forum.
Thanks

Welcome from Michigan! Good luck !

Many thanks from Moco
guys. I totally agree with LoadedLimbs. Talk about obsession . Got to be a little OCD to be a saddle hunter. Love all the meticulous prep of all gear. The repetitiveness of the climbing process. It's all right up my alley.

Many thanks from Moco
guys. I totally agree with LoadedLimbs. Talk about obsession . Got to be a little OCD to be a saddle hunter. Love all the meticulous prep of all gear. The repetitiveness of the climbing process. It's all right up my alley.
I do most of my hunting in Moco and Howard county. I'm pretty new so don't know if I can offer anything, but if you'd ever like to meet up and try to hunt together I'd be interested.

Welcome from Carroll County. Last year and this year most of my hunting is in MoCo. Hopefully you're not seeing the EHD issues a lot of the state is. If you ever need anything, feel free to throw out a PM

Welcome from Frederick, MD. We have a similar set up. I too, use a Cruzr saddle, OOAL Scot platform on the top step of my Beast Sticks. I also use a ring of steps, SquirrelSteps, from Eastern Woods Outdoors.

Welcome from Carroll County. Last year and this year most of my hunting is in MoCo. Hopefully you're not seeing the EHD issues a lot of the state is. If you ever need anything, feel free to throw out a PM
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I haven't seen any issues with EHD yet. Hopefully we won't. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back