• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Florida Take Care - Hurricane Ian

Please stay safe everyone!

My parents live on the canals in Cape Coral. Luckily they're in VT right now, but if the storm surge is as high as predicted with the winds predicted, there is a good chance they may not have a house to go home to.

Bands are starting to get here within last hour or so.....some limbs down in the neighborhood and couple stop signs blown over. Grocery store wasn't too crazy....I was given the rest of the week off from work and all storm prep is finished.... Hurry up and blow thru so I can go hunting why don't ya

Thanks. They're expecting a complete loss at this point. Hopefully some more detailed updates today....
Losing a home sucks. Hurricane Michael took out my parents house. Storm surge is no joke!

Sorry to hear about your parents house. Hope they got out safe, along with the rest of you.

Sorry to hear about your parents house. Hope they got out safe, along with the rest of you.
Thanks, luckily they were here in Vermont, so it is just stuff.

Not everyone was that lucky...My thoughts are with those stuck.

How's everybody doing this morning? Finished the morning debris pick up. Lady behind me turkey oak snapped off sending a branch onto my pumphouse roof narrowly missing the aerator....powers still on and the ditch isn't flooded....grandma in Titusville still got power with typical flooding most storms produce.....how are u guys on the west coast doing?

Citrus county faired pretty good. No storm surge, 50 mph winds, not too much damage around here or flooding, and kept power and satellite t.v. . hope everyone south is doing ok this morning.

Extreme north end of PB County, and I got about 9" since Monday afternoon. Only a few wet areas left in the yard, and some minor pine and oak branches down that will take a half hour to clean up. Never lost power so feel extremely lucky. I think most of the heaviest rains fell from Arcadia towards Kissimmee in an area that's about as rural as Florida gets so the damage could have been far worse. Hopefully it doesn't wind back up too much more as it heads towards the Carolina's next.

Back