• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TEAM 1 THREAD

Sorry guys I’ve been having a rough start this year. We’ve had a bad year with ehd and seems as if quite a bit of my deer have fallen to it. I’m still searching

Sorry guys I’ve been having a rough start this year. We’ve had a bad year with ehd and seems as if quite a bit of my deer have fallen to it. I’m still searching
That’s ok I’ve been slow to get started as well. Only two sits for me so far and the second one I was sort of disinterested. Starting to get excited about the next few weeks a little more every day though.

Slow start here as well. Our OCT is always full of High Holy days and birthdays. I got out twice and saw 3 does the second time out. Never got closer than 47yds though.

Pretty excited about BP this year. That starts in a couple weeks.

Also a bit slow here right now, I only have to work one day next week so I'm going to it it hard and try to knock something down before I head to southern ohio for my rutcation.

It's suppose to be warm this week so hopefully when it cools off at the end of the week they will be moving.

I got out today for the first time in 3 weeks. Saw nothing until I was packing up in the dark and a 1-1/2-year-old 6 point walked right up to me while I was shining my headlamp in its eyes. It got within about 10 feet when I started getting nervous and scared it off.

I got out today for the first time in 3 weeks. Saw nothing until I was packing up in the dark and a 1-1/2-year-old 6 point walked right up to me while I was shining my headlamp in its eyes. It got within about 10 feet when I started getting nervous and scared it off.
Been there. Your kinda like ok this is close enough now

It’s going to be 72 degrees here Monday but I’ll be out. Plenty more doe tags to fill. Haven’t hunted for 5 days and feels like a forever. Love this time of yr

Back out today after a long few weeks. Our 15 year old Westie Cassie had to be put down on Tuesday and I had been choosing to spend time with her over other things. She lived a long, wonderful life but I miss her dearly. I saw a few other members went through the same thing recently but I couldn’t read the threads because I knew we’d be there soon enough. Hopefully the next few weeks of hunting will keep my mind occupied and I have some fun outings planned for the family.

I started typing that at 7:00 and since then had been surrounded by 2 does a spike and a 5 point for the last two hours. Pretty good morning but need to set up about 6 yards to my right if I come back here tomorrow.

sorry about your loss man. sucks--went through that last year with a 16 y/o lab.

Got out yesterday morning until noon. sat in a brushy bottom edge of bedding, over 2 fresh scrapes. it was windy and kept switching on me. didn't see anything so got down, still-hunting through the bedding toward a perimeter trail 2-300 yards away, and then off to work. I generally had a prevailing wind out of the WNW so I headed that way but it kept swirling on me, oh well. it was slow going trying to get through logs, briars, vines, and the like. Got about 50 yards from the trail and saw movement of something big coming around a brush pile. I froze and nocked an arrow. just in time. a huge bodied buck came around quartering to me and worked up to 15 yards . he looked like a freaking donkey with a long snout. I'm not great at judging age but I would put him at 6+ years. He had serious mass throughout his beams. His rack went very vertical and he had 2 huge forks, with brows and maybe an extra point on the left (a very mature 7 pt). I had a tree to my left front with vines off of it, and could tell from the brush and deer trails he would either keep heading to my left or turn and come right at me. he started to go left but the wind was swirling again and he froze straight out as I came to full draw. He didn't see me, being directly in line with those stinking vines, with no shot. I could tell he was catching some wind and unsure. he is staring straight at me now, bobbing his head a little, lip-curling. I am seeing if there is any way to thread an arrow through, or step left or right. nothing. I hoped he would take a step or two further left in slow retreat but he just stayed there. This went on for nearly 2 minutes until I let down because I felt like I was gonna pass out between holding at full draw, my increased HR, and probably holding my breath. He took off and I sat down because I was seeing stars lol. what a rush!

I'll probably get out Saturday morning for a quick hour or two before my boys' soccer. should be colder again in the AM and get them moving. saw more deer on the way to work this morning, and saw a little buck chasing last evening out my work window. good luck ya'll

Back