• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sasquatch

Coelacanth - Wikipedia

The fish were thought to have gone extinct 66 million years ago until one was caught in the Indian Ocean in 1938.
I don't think ocean creatures are a good comparison but yeah...new species are discovered/rediscovered all the time...I think there's like 200+ this year along...new monkey discovered real recent....most new critters are small thou

True, there are some weird things out there. I was trying to remember but there is a dog like animal that was thought to be extinct, but a researcher got what seem to be game camera picture so of it on a very densely populated island. Think it is the Tasmanian tiger.

..the ivory billed woodpecker was just rediscovered after being "extinct" since the 40s
I know this is only a very small part of your post, and my point is irrelevant to whether Hair Starfish exist, but I believe there is some debate about this.

I know this is only a very small part of your post, and my point is irrelevant to whether Hair Starfish exist, but I believe there is some debate about this.
Debate about hairy starfish? I know those are real.....

did u see the footage/pics from Louisiana? Sure looks legit to me

Maybe I should start believing in 200” deer so I can see one of those in the wild!!

You see, 200” deer exist just like Sasquatch exists! My friends always send me texts about seeing giants. I never see them. Then rarely, someone will send me a fuzzy blurry picture of a 130” buck that they say is pushing 200!

What are you going to tell me next, Santa isn’t real?

Debate about hairy starfish? I know those are real.....

did u see the footage/pics from Louisiana? Sure looks legit to me
Definitely a believer in the hairy starfish...

I haven't seen any footage, but the "experts" seem to disagree as to whether any recent sightings are legit. It's not something that interests me enough to compare the two "sides", but a quick search this morning made me think that the woodpecker and Sasquatch might be related based on how people argue over the existence.

This has now turned into a work conversation! Apparently there is some bigfoot poop in a museum in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I have never seen, heard or seen any signs of a Sas BUT if I had one in my house and invited three people to see it, one from this form, a network person and a Gov person. The Network and Gov persons could get together and say it was a Racoon and all would be left is you looking like a fool for thinking otherwise. Your family and friends would turn on you. Face the facts we can be led like sheep and we are after all Covid started from one bat and killed millions and affected millions more in one year.

I'm just going to leave this right here...

Listened to part of the bloodline. I MIGHT BE HOOKED. Lol

PHEEWW! You were referring to the imaginary one. I read the title and got worried you were at my stand I was planning to hunt this afternoon!

There are often mutated humans for example gigantism where the bones in the body continue to grow eventually even outgrowing what the muscle density and internal organs can sufficiently support. Andre the Giant is a well known person who suffered from that disease. There are also mutations that can cause someone to be hairy. I have no reason to believe these genetic defaults wouldn’t have existed when Natives had control of this continent. So I think legends of big foot, Sasquatch or “skunk ape” as it is know in Florida probably stemmed from some people being outcast for mutated genetics. I mean surely somewhere in West Virginia, there was some giant hairy scary tribal men that was banned to the wilderness to help keep the genetics of the tribe heathy. That could easily have led to a legends from tribes or even settlers who might have never encountered someone with those types of genetic diseases. So I believe it’s a myth but I also believe there are small portions of real events that may have triggered those myths- (a little bit of fire, beneath all that smoke- you know how word gets around)

Back