• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What did you buy over Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday that is saddle related?

Kayl

Thought it might be fun to see what we're spending our money on related to hunting this week!

I made a First Lite order for some base layers and picked up a Method 2 and kneepads from Latitude. I will likely grab some Gen 3 one sticks from Tethrd tonight. :)

Was hoping a thread like this was gonna get started. Following! Also might use this thread to justify my own purchases.

Saddle related is somewhat of a stretch but I'm excited to try out my new argali tent when it arrives in January, just need to figure out what stove to get to use with it.

I guess the game bags are more saddle related. Their primary purpose will be sporadic however I'm committed to getting better at quartering and want to pack a deer out instead of drag. I have a few long hike spots that will be the winners should I find success at the end of them

Probably nothing, but if I could, it would be that new Tethrd pack. Looks great.

Thought it might be fun to see what we're spending our money on related to hunting this week!

I made a First Lite order for some base layers and picked up a Method 2 and kneepads from Latitude. I will likely grab some Gen 3 one sticks from Tethrd tonight. :)
I bought some 2" OD rappel rings. I am going to try them as handles on my JRB non jamming ascenders. Also I am going to try one sticking again this spring now that I know a method to do it and keep the slack out all the time. Also a way to set a second tether and then remove the first. See this if interested.

Got a pair of Crispi wild rock plus gtx boots and a pair of merino heated socks for late season. The crispis have been on my wishlist for a while been waiting for the sale.

I ordered a couple of different sizes of Crispi boots as well. Been waiting a very long time to catch a sale. At least one pair will be returned, actually really hopeful both won’t be getting returned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for a quality pair of lightweight hikers. Longtime Lowa Renegade fan but progressively earlier breakdowns turned me off. Tried Salomons, great fit, but rands and GTX membrane breaking down even faster. Crispis next?? Not really sure where to turn, it's frustrating. A lot of outdoor stuff was much higher quality ~10 years ago before PFAS became the new boogeyman. And I don't mean that to be political in nature because I think moving on from them is justified, but it's frustrating nonetheless because we jumped back decades in technology.

I picked up a Mystery Ranch Pop Up 38. I have a Horn Hunter Full Curl that I have used for several years, but wanted a second pack as a back up.

Looking for a quality pair of lightweight hikers. Longtime Lowa Renegade fan but progressively earlier breakdowns turned me off. Tried Salomons, great fit, but rands and GTX membrane breaking down even faster. Crispis next?? Not really sure where to turn, it's frustrating. A lot of outdoor stuff was much higher quality ~10 years ago before PFAS became the new boogeyman. And I don't mean that to be political in nature because I think moving on from them is justified, but it's frustrating nonetheless because we jumped back decades in technology.

For what it’s worth, I just bought a pair of Asolo Falcons. Only have a couple of miles on them so far but, have been pleased with the comfort and weight of the boot. I got them for $150 at Sierra Trading post but see they only have the up to size 10 left.

I have been super happy with Crispi Thor's. I have 4 seasons on them now and don't see any reason they won't go a couple more.

Back