• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Gear Release 2022!

Okay so what products did these companies fail to deliver. I will start:

Tethrd - carbon platform

Beast gear - smaller beast stand

Lone wolf custom gear - climber, ghost harness

Latitude - climbing sticks

Cruzr - climbing sticks

TimberNinja - carbon platform, carbon treestand, longer standoffs, aluminum steps, revised climbing sticks
What is a lwcg ghost harness

Okay so what products did these companies fail to deliver. I will start:

Tethrd - carbon platform

Beast gear - smaller beast stand

Lone wolf custom gear - climber, ghost harness

Latitude - climbing sticks

Cruzr - climbing sticks

TimberNinja - carbon platform, carbon treestand, longer standoffs, aluminum steps, revised climbing sticks
Timber Ninja getting roasted. LOL

Brad Kuhnert's saddle design. It was shown two ATAs ago. I never heard it announced for release this year. Not sure the climber was announced for market this year either.

At the ata Andrae mentioned the climber ready for fall with a $900 price tag. The harness or a harness was supposed to be released also but I believe they morphed the kuhnerts harness into a treestand harness. Now they are teasing broadheads. Where do we put them? No release announced yet for the heads.

At the ata Andrae mentioned the climber ready for fall with a $900 price tag. The harness or a harness was supposed to be released also but I believe they morphed the kuhnerts harness into a treestand harness. Now they are teasing broadheads. Where do we put them? No release announced yet for the heads.

So basically the price of a hang-on + sticks? Under 10lbs?

But....limited to straight limbless tree? What am I missing here?

holy....$900....but then again people will buy it.

So basically the price of a hang-on + sticks? Under 10lbs?

But....limited to straight limbless tree? What am I missing here?

holy....$900....but then again people will buy it.

Do the math on something like a Beast Stand and sticks....Cost and system weight to get to 35ft.

Price any other “premium” sticks and stands and $900 doesn’t sound that bad.

A more economical solution for the saddle hunting audience would be a climbing platform. That'd easily go under 10lbs kit. My cut down Sit and Climb platform is 10lbs. I used it in PA and it was a good choice for that spot. Light enough, big platform, largely unrestricted height. One sized like the Hand Climber seat could be half the weight.

Price any other “premium” sticks and stands and $900 doesn’t sound that bad.
I'm sure you're right. It does make me ponder the economics and accessibility of being a hunter though. I'm also not trying to be critical of companies or the pricing - just noting there's nothing affordable about hunting or much of anything anymore really

I'm sure you're right. It does make me ponder the economics and accessibility of being a hunter though. I'm also not trying to be critical of companies or the pricing - just noting there's nothing affordable about hunting or much of anything anymore really

There's some more budget friendly stuff and you don't need all the fancy gear to get it done. Some of it's nice sometimes, but usually not essential.

There's plenty of Hawk gear that can be had for dirt cheap.....but you get what you pay for.

Half the deer I’ve killed have been from the ground.

Most of those could have been killed in street clothes.

Most of my enjoyment comes from scouting, ie finding deer, ie what I call hunting.

For the price of tags, a used gun or bow, good boots, gas, and a cheap igloo cooler, one could kill a pile of animals and have a ball.

Huntjng is affordable. Signaling to other hunters you’re a member of the tribe, and that you’re a good hunter, is the expensive part.

A more economical solution for the saddle hunting audience would be a climbing platform. That'd easily go under 10lbs kit. My cut down Sit and Climb platform is 10lbs. I used it in PA and it was a good choice for that spot. Light enough, big platform, largely unrestricted height. One sized like the Hand Climber seat could be half the weight.

Yes. LWCG please make this. I use LWHC 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, its definitely a buy once cry once item. People will spend money the way they want. My father in law average a new gun a month. So each their own.
Guns are good investments as they tend to appreciate over time. Unlike bows, crossbows, etc. if you’re going to buy something that you’re concerned with it’s future value, stay away from most archery tackle. Custom longbows and recurves are another story and if you are going to look at some gear as an investment rather than just a utilitarian use purchase, the higher end products like LWCG, High end optics, guns etc.some pack systems etc. do tend to hold their value within the hunting community. As do higher end compounds and crossbows but they certainly do not appreciate in value whatsoever like most firearms.

I wasn't at ATA so I just gather the crumbs that fall off the table about all this stuff. You definitely have the inside scoop. I just never heard anything beyond that Clifton Deny take on the climber and what was rumored here on saddlehunter.com. The LWCG harness has been in the shadows awhile now, this is the first I've heard on it for a long time.

Truth be told, I kind of think LWCG did pretty ok with their releases. What was on the table at ATA came to market.

I think it's pretty disappointing that Tethrd's Vader platform hasn't made it to market, mainly because it won the big ATA award. But they did introduce a backpack, cool, and changed the color on their ONE sticks.

Probably the Lattitude Speed Series sticks were the most disappointing, imo, because Lattitude was selling tickets to reserve a place in line for them. They did launch two platforms though.

I hadn't heard anything official about the rumored miniBeast stand. Though, there were years of promises leading up to the original Beast stand's launch. I wouldn't have known to put a mini-Beast on the list. More shocking is their introduction of a couple of expensive platform steps for saddlehunting.

Cruzr finally got the MiniSeeker to consumers after multiple delays and it sounds like quality control suffered some. A bit surprising as it's something they've done. Sticks are new to them, and whatever the hiccups, we haven't even seen a picture of them.

Yeah, TN didn't produce on numerous items. Last year's failure to put out the CF platform was followed by a failure to market an aluminum design this year. Embarrassing because they teased an impending release. And the stick components and treestand never made it, sure. How long have they had a Treestand earmarked on the website now? Couple years. They did however put out a pretty comfortable saddle, which broke new ground for them. You'd like it, lol.

All in all, it was a tough year in industry across the board, not just the hunting industry. Some businesses were set up better to weather that storm than others, or faired better than others for other reasons.

Personally, I'd rather wait and have quality products than a rush job.

Last edited:
Let's ding those speed series platforms from Latitude. They put out unfinished product to launch when they did. At first they were neither deburred ( @enkriss cut a strap I believe) nor coated. I haven't investigated the coated platforms but I paid full price in-store for a sharp uncoated platform... rush job.

Back