• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Why don't yall 2TC?

one unexpected change I found using only 2tc this year was not rappelling. I thought I’d rappel down every tree. It got to be a hassle to switch over to a device and attach a retrieval line that I started just 2tc big down, even when I had to get around a branch or two. Now I don’t even take the long rappel rope in the woods, just two tethers.

one unexpected change I found using only 2tc this year was not rappelling. I thought I’d rappel down every tree. It got to be a hassle to switch over to a device and attach a retrieval line that I started just 2tc big down, even when I had to get around a branch or two. Now I don’t even take the long rappel rope in the woods, just two tethers.
Same! I ditch my rappel stuff as well and don’t miss it at all

I do the same. The climb down is easier on me since I have gravity helping me on the way down. It the very beginning of my 2TC journey I used a rappel line, but I quickly ditched it and just 2TC down. It is just simple and easy, there is nothing to hook up at height to get down. I've been using 2TC all season and I really like it.

It never made sence to me to carry seperate gear to get down after the hunt is over.when the hunt is over, only gear i want to carry for that is a knife and a tag.hunts over......i got a hot little wife who wants all my attention..i dont carry around a big ugly girlfriend on my side, to take care of her baggage when im done.

I do the same. The climb down is easier on me since I have gravity helping me on the way down. It the very beginning of my 2TC journey I used a rappel line, but I quickly ditched it and just 2TC down. It is just simple and easy, there is nothing to hook up at height to get down. I've been using 2TC all season and I really like it.
Running jrb hitch and a munter fixes the issues of getting the line down and having to hook up stuff to come down.

You use the running JRB on the way up with 2TC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use it on the way up one sticking but have an idea on how to use it for 2tc that will be an increase in efficiency for my overall climb. I just havent tried it yet. I'm not real good about doing a lot of practice or experimenting in the off season but try lots of stuff during the season, lol. I dont recommend that but that's when I get ideas, prolly because I dont practice much in the offseason. If my theory is right, it will work for 2tc or one sticking for folks taking a pack up the tree. If I get a break in the rain this weekend, I plan to test it at the house.

I use it on the way up one sticking but have an idea on how to use it for 2tc that will be an increase in efficiency for my overall climb. I just havent tried it yet. I'm not real good about doing a lot of practice or experimenting in the off season but try lots of stuff during the season, lol. I dont recommend that but that's when I get ideas, prolly because I dont practice much in the offseason. If my theory is right, it will work for 2tc or one sticking for folks taking a pack up the tree. If I get a break in the rain this weekend, I plan to test it at the house.
Can't wait to hear about it!

Awesome! I've been waiting for this, as I'm not the most flexible anymore and feel way more stable with 2 feet instead of 1 foot when 2tc.

Awesome! I've been waiting for this, as I'm not the most flexible anymore and feel way more stable with 2 feet instead of 1 foot when 2tc.
It looks super stable, I’m interested to see what it climbs like. Someone post a video!

@Bigfoot522 shared some real cool videos with me yesterday! Thought belong here. Take a look. Scott Adkins could have been a lineman in Mexico.

(really starts at 6:25 minutes)

I like that, seem pretty efficient and quiet. Maybe going lightest rope is not always the best idea. The gentleman make it look so effortless with his larger diameter rope.

One thing is the use of gloves and the fact that its a very smooth climbing pole. They are simply sliding the tether up the pole effortlessly, not sure if it is going to be that easy with trees.

Last edited:
Back