• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Whos had more saddle hunting influence?

I been around. I had to take some time after the great split. People I thought were friends weren’t. People I thought weren’t friends were. I was a little bitter, a little disrespected. I took it out on a few guys on the forum to which I publicly apologize for. I didn’t even realize what a asshat I had been until I introduced myself to iamcory at a saddlehunter event. So I took a long break.

That being said. I’m a DIY guy. I don’t have much to offer anymore now that everything is available through one MfG or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of guys still love their DIY so I’m pretty sure you have a lot to offer.

@ImThere you done renovating that house yet? You haven’t deer hunted in few years right?

@ImThere you done renovating that house yet? You haven’t deer hunted in few years right?

Good lord no!! But I’m ready to take a day off here and there and do a little hunting! I need to see where I can hunt in January/ February and make it happen! I’m out of town until Dec 16 then It’ll be all about Christmas and new years. I may climb a tree in my property and check a few things out between the 16th and Christmas if season is open. I’m not sure I even j the refs in Al yet. Kinda skimmed over them!
I have to find a turkey spot soon also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@redsquirrel ????????? Geeeeez!!!! I have saddles older than his dad. SMH!!!!
HAHAHA. The rule of huck. Divide everything he says by 2. My dad was in a saddle when you were in diapers!!

@huck72412 just popped in here because nobody mentioned his name yet. Don't worry buddy, I haven't forgotten about you

HAHAHA. The rule of huck. Divide everything he says by 2. My dad was in a saddle when you were in diapers!!

@huck72412 just popped in here because nobody mentioned his name yet. Don't worry buddy, I haven't forgotten about you
Negative ghost rider!!

Although I have enjoyed seeing @huck72412 around here a little bit lately, I will admit it has been nice the last couple years not to have to study his contest entries to make sure there are no signs of brown paint or tire tracks. :tearsofjoy:

Although I have enjoyed seeing @huck72412 around here a little bit lately, I will admit it has been nice the last couple years not to have to study his contest entries to make sure there are no signs of brown paint or tire tracks. :tearsofjoy:
LOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!

My story is similar to Redsquirrel's. I read JE's book's which inspired me to check into saddle hunting. Then I found this site. Down the rabbit hole I went. So for me In order, JE lit the match. RS and this forum just threw gas and Oxygen on it! You can't have a fire without spark , fuel and Oxygen. You take any of those 3 out of the equation and SH-ing wouldn't be what it is today. All the others have contributed but JE and RS(aka Scott H) have had the most influence.

You better be thankful that I’m not in the contest . The antlers are piling up in Georgia!

Funny reading this thread remembering how much things have changed and then last night stopping in a shop I hadn't been to in a couple years and lookey here, saddles on the shelf!

20221208_190255.jpg

Last edited:
Back