• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's going on at AeroHunter?

At least it's a retirement thing.

I wonder if anyone is buying up the operation? All the pieces are there for production. Shame if everyone is out of work, when it's clearly a strong operation.
What a nice vertical or horizontal integration depending on the base business for some one to get into.

I wonder if anyone is buying up the operation? All the pieces are there for production. Shame if everyone is out of work, when it's clearly a strong operation.
Dunno. Also from Sophia:
The good news for Aero Hunter's team is that each member is super qualified for a variety of skilled work. They're already looking and seeing good prospects. It seems this sad change will not hurt them for long. Thanks for your praise and good wishes.
So it seems like they should be alright.

Dunno. Also from Sophia:
The good news for Aero Hunter's team is that each member is super qualified for a variety of skilled work. They're already looking and seeing good prospects. It seems this sad change will not hurt them for long. Thanks for your praise and good wishes.
That’s good to read!!

No way Casey and Carl are the only “Michael Jordans of sewing”.
Let’s get you high-level thread-pumpers to take AH over! Bring back the Kestrel and Kite, and don’t suck the life out of the new models before they even hit the rack!

Personal favorite was the Merlin, by far the most comfortable I’ve ever hanged from. It was, however, heavy and bulky when not hanging.

If I didn’t have to lug it around looking for a tree to climb, the Merlin would be the #1 saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s just a shame that a USA made company is closing its doors that’s what is too bad. But hopefully something can be made of this by another entrepreneuring spirited person or group.
I'd love to see the employees start up something, but I don't know if they'd be interested. Running the whole business is a different animal.

I wonder what, if anything, that means for new tribe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sounds like the whole business not just aerohunter.
Yes, it sounds like they are completely shutting their doors. I guess I didn't realize New Tribe was in business for 38 years. That's a long career for anybody. My grandfather worked for 43years fulltime before he retired. Then he died. No way man. I'm gonna go when I still have some life left as well.

Does this mean the saddle industry has reached critical mass? Is the bubble about to pop? What does Aero Hunter know that we don't? :tearsofjoy:

Dunno. Also from Sophia:
It seems like you have a good rapport with Sophia, ask her if we DIYers can get the plans to all the saddles they ever made. Starting with the Kestrel, Kite, and OG Flex :tearsofjoy: I would really like to make a few to spec.

No way Casey and Carl are the only “Michael Jordans of sewing”.
Let’s get you high-level thread-pumpers to take AH over! Bring back the Kestrel and Kite, and don’t suck the life out of the new models before they even hit the rack!

I've got one that's build is up to AH standards. And I've seen another from another saddle maker that was pretty darn good too.

Then I've had two others that don't make the mark.

I'm with @woodsdog2 , and don't want the plans to fall into the wrong hands.

Back