• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

"The Official Saddle Hunting Turkey Vest Thread"

So what do you guys use during rifle season? In GA we have a 3+ month long rifle season. The law requires 500 sq” above the waste. A turkey vest is going to cover that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wear orange over it, either a vest or a fleece jacket. If I do DIY something I'll make it out of orange.

I wear orange over it, either a vest or a fleece jacket. If I do DIY something I'll make it out of orange.

I guess that would work, but it seems like it would make things difficult to get to quickly…I cut all the orange flagging out of the back of my turkey vest. If it was still there I’d throw my turkey vest over my blaze vest and not worry about it. I might not even worry about it anyway. The game bag is no bigger than some of these packs that get totted and out of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try as hard as I could but with a backpack I could never get a smooth system that I didn't have to unshoulder the bag at the base of the tree. With a molle vest were I can put pouches wherever I need, I have it to were I walk up to the base of the tree and clip my weapon, set it down, open 2 easy to reach pouches, and start climbing without ever having to take anything off

So you guys are wearing your vest in the saddle right?

I don't. Wear while climbing and when I step onto the platform, first adjust tether, set bow hook, take off vest, pull up weapon. I got the gear situated to were the side of the vest closest to me when set back of vest toward the trunk on the right side of the tree is all right in easy reach.

Screenshot_20221206-125832~2.png

No, I wear saddlespenders on the CGM sidewinder but no vest. But I'm always considering things. I thought this was more for Turkey Hunting anyway but not exclusively. I use a pack and run everything off of that.

Yes, I use the Knight and Hale RNG200 and where it with my saddle as well as in my preset stands. The only reason I take a pack would be for extra clothes, food, or extra water for dark to dark sits.

Anyone try the MS2V from CGM? I know there is a thread in the vendor section but I miss stuff over there often so thought it was worth asking. This thread has me seriously considering a vest.

I'm thinking it could replace my pack unless I really need layers but Weldy has the solution in ranger beads (?) Or similar. I'll probably keep it on in the tree but I haven't tried one yet, so who knows. Just seems like I could easily fit all my stuff in that vest

Anyone try the MS2V from CGM? I know there is a thread in the vendor section but I miss stuff over there often so thought it was worth asking. This thread has me seriously considering a vest.

I'm thinking it could replace my pack unless I really need layers but Weldy has the solution in ranger beads (?) Or similar. I'll probably keep it on in the tree but I haven't tried one yet, so who knows. Just seems like I could easily fit all my stuff in that vest
I haven’t but it looks like a great option.

I watched the video and really like what I saw. The ability to scale up and down, without adding unnecessary straps, is very appealing to me. Bino harness, suspender straps, backpack, etc., all adds up pretty quickly, so making 1 set of (excellent) shoulder straps pull extra duty is very appealing.

Back