• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hickory Creek Koolaid

Mini arrived yesterday and I’m pumped. The Ramcats I use don’t fit in the quiver… I did scroll through as many pages as I have time for but can anyone recommend a good flying fixed head that fits the quiver and is actually
possible to pull out of a target? I’d probably go with QAD Exodus swept but I’m afraid they’ll never come out. If I go mechanical is a compound mechanical, or a crossbow mechanical, better? Or does it matter? Thanks!

I switched quivers. I hated the one that came with the bow. I have a quick release 4 arrow quiver on mine now, mounted to an offset bracket that tilts the quiver just enough so that it is out of the way of the trigger.

Mini arrived yesterday and I’m pumped. The Ramcats I use don’t fit in the quiver… I did scroll through as many pages as I have time for but can anyone recommend a good flying fixed head that fits the quiver and is actually
possible to pull out of a target? I’d probably go with QAD Exodus swept but I’m afraid they’ll never come out. If I go mechanical is a compound mechanical, or a crossbow mechanical, better? Or does it matter? Thanks!
Grim reaper micro hybrid mechanicals are NASTY!!!!!!

I switched quivers. I hated the one that came with the bow. I have a quick release 4 arrow quiver on mine now, mounted to an offset bracket that tilts the quiver just enough so that it is out of the way of the trigger.
Do you have a pic?

Do you have a pic?

Screenshot_20221207-095256.png

Close up:
Screenshot_20221207-095408.png

The quiver I brought is a relatively cheap Trophy Ridge 4 arrow model. It has a lever you flip one way to lock, one way to release. I had it on my compound and loved it, so I bought another for my mini.

However, the wider quiver, specifically the round part circled in green, contacted the frame and would not mount properly. So I found the offset bracket, circled in red, that moves the quiver up and tilts it just enough so that there is clearance. (Blue circle)

It's hard to see, but I added a green paracord loop to the foot loop to aid in cocking. This allows me to cock the bow without removing the quiver and makes it easier to cock in the tree. You just have to be careful it's not in the way when shooting. I tuck it between the bow and quiver and/or wrap it around the plastic knob until needed.

View attachment 77624

Close up:
View attachment 77625

The quiver I brought is a relatively cheap Trophy Ridge 4 arrow model. It has a lever you flip one way to lock, one way to release. I had it on my compound and loved it, so I bought another for my mini.

However, the wider quiver, specifically the round part circled in green, contacted the frame and would not mount properly. So I found the offset bracket, circled in red, that moves the quiver up and tilts it just enough so that there is clearance. (Blue circle)

It's hard to see, but I added a green paracord loop to the foot loop to aid in cocking. This allows me to cock the bow without removing the quiver and makes it easier to cock in the tree. You just have to be careful it's not in the way when shooting. I tuck it between the bow and quiver and/or wrap it around the plastic knob until needed.
That's sweet. You happen to have a link to that offset bracket and quiver? The stock quiver is my only continuing complaint on the mini.

Whelp the Tarantula ain’t pretty but works pretty good actually, at least for this season.
-Plan to take quiver off in the stand anyway.
-But I can shoot and recock w this quiver on.
-Fits w no mods, relatively easy off and on, can mount to a pack if I want, holds my Ramcats.
-Free cuz I already have it.

Cobble job for the win, for now.EFBD0E2F-B394-47BA-94A0-83718D8AF435.jpeg36DCD502-299A-4AB6-A978-2A88FE91BDD7.jpeg

That's sweet. You happen to have a link to that offset bracket and quiver? The stock quiver is my only continuing complaint on the mini.
HHA Infinite Adjust Quiver Bracket, Black https://a.co/d/1lU8nJd

I use this one but it does not look the same as the one above. I already had it for my hha sight. My quiver broke yesterday, so I threw a spair on and like my spair better.

DEEPOWER Broadheads 100 125 Grain 6 Pack Solid 3 Blades, Fixed Archery Broadheads for Compound Bows and Tradtional Bows https://a.co/d/eniGXgn

Tight Spot Conversion Bracket https://a.co/d/4zQydZ0

Found it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I removed my stirrup, and replaced with amsteel.

I remove my quiver to cock it.

I have a spare kwikee mount on seat of hybrid, both for once I'm set up in tree, and while stalking if i need it off bow. But usually don't need it off for stalking.

I know next to nothing about scopes and mounting them to the bow. When I replace the stock scope on the mini, would I need rings to match a picattiny or weaver rail

I know next to nothing about scopes and mounting them to the bow. When I replace the stock scope on the mini, would I need rings to match a picattiny or weaver rail
IF you ordered it stock it should ship to you with scope rings (1 inch). I specifically ordered mine without the scope and rings and he knocked $100 off the purchase price. The rail is a pica tinny.

I'm left handed and son is right handed. How hard is it to convert it from one dex to the other? Not saying that I'm buying one soon, but the design of being left or right dominant only is one of the major reason why I would never buy one compared to a regular crossbow.

Yes, I will admit it, I'm using my son as a proxy to convince my wife to be open to the idea of buying one someday.

I'm left handed and son is right handed. How hard is it to convert it from one dex to the other? Not saying that I'm buying one soon, but the design of being left or right dominant only is one of the major reason why I would never buy one compared to a regular crossbow.

Yes, I will admit it, I'm using my son as a proxy to convince my wife to be open to the idea of buying one someday.
My understanding is that they can't be converted, it's righty or lefty. However you can just hold the trigger handle in the left hand and the sturrup with the right hand to shoot a right handed mini lefty. I haven't tried it much myself but seems pretty easy. I can't remember if it was Nick or Kyle that figured this out, but it's buried a few dozen pages back

My understanding is that they can't be converted, it's righty or lefty. However you can just hold the trigger handle in the left hand and the sturrup with the right hand to shoot a right handed mini lefty. I haven't tried it much myself but seems pretty easy. I can't remember if it was Nick or Kyle that figured this out, but it's buried a few dozen pages back

After reading the few dozen pages. I'm almost close to shutting the door on the mini. Just from a safety prespective, I feel iffy having the string so close to my face or hand using the right hand model or my son using the left hand model.

After reading the few dozen pages. I'm almost close to shutting the door on the mini. Just from a safety prespective, I feel iffy having the string so close to my face or hand using the right hand model or my son using the left hand model.
Besides a traditional crossbow, what bow isn't close to your face?

Besides a traditional crossbow, what bow isn't close to your face?
Top of my head, I say the Ravin R500? Dont get me wrong, not saying the general crossbow design are unsafe. I'm just saying the Mini being hand specfic and how the string position is designed, I just feel wary that there is nothing to shield my hand/face.

Top of my head, I say the Ravin R500? Dont get me wrong, not saying the general crossbow design are unsafe. I'm just saying the Mini being hand specfic and how the string position is designed, I just feel wary that there is nothing to shield my hand/face.
I guess I was just saying thousands of people have shot recurves, longbows and compounds for thousands of years and I've never really heard anyone avoid shooting one due to the string being close to their face.
I think as long as you inspect your equipment and be cognizant of where your appendages are you'll be fine but I've definitely been wrong before so take my info with a grain of salt.

Back